Chapter 5

Adora's POV

Practice was like any other day--exhausting. We had to do a warm up that had push ups, sprints, sit-ups, and squats. Then we had to run even more around the football field and then it was the drills. 

"Man Coach kicked our asses today. I knew I got soft during summer!" it was Lonnie. 

"Soft my ass. You were the fastest one out there! I swear you didn't even break a sweat." I teased Lonnie and gave her a light punch to the arm. 

"Owwwww" 

"Oh shut up." We both started laughing when Scorpia came running up behind us. 

"Man guys Coach sure really did a number today. I can't wait for our first big game of the year! You guys looked really great out there!" Scorpia was saying with a huge smile on her face. She always has a smile and a positive outlook on life. 

Our practice ended before the volleyball teams so I was able to shower and change before Catra's practice ended. I was putting my things in the locker and packing up when the Volleyball teams practice ended. 

The locker room was quickly filled with the smell of body odor. I found Catra and told her I would meet her outside while she finishes getting ready. I feel so nervous, I don't know why. It's just coffee and working on a school project. This isn't a date....well not yet at least. No Adora stop that. Stay focused. You just met her. 

"Hey Adora, I am ready to go whenever you are." Catra said as she came out of the locker room. She smelled...clean and like lavender. It was nice. 

"Perfect! The coffee shop is about 5 minutes away if you want to come with me you can." 

"Yeah that sounds great especially since I am still working on my car. Its an old 1968 Camaro I found for a steal of a price. It didn't work when I got it, but Lonnie, Kyle, Rogelio, and I are all working on it together. It was a Summer project that sadly did not get done in time for school. But, it should be done in a couple months if everything works out well." I swear Catra could talk forever about this car. I'll give it to her, that year and model of car is one of my favorites so she has every right to brag. 

We make to my Triumph and I start putting on my riding gear when Catra stopped and looked at me in terror. "I thought you had a car not a death machine!" 

"I take it you've never been on the back of a motorcycle?" 

"No...they're really dangerous." Catra had a look of worry on her face. She started to rub the back of her neck in worry.

I take her hands and immediately butterflies arrive in my stomach. "Hey, it'll be okay. I promise. I'm a safe rider. I wear all my riding gear and double check everything before making any sort of move. I even have a spare helmet for you. We will go extra slow and take the back roads if that makes you more comfortable." 

She still looks nervous but takes the spare helmet. "Only if you promise that we make there in one piece." She says as she attempts to buckle the full face helmet and failing miserably. 

I start to chuckle at this sight. "Here, let me help you. You have to first loop it through both D-rings and pull tight so it's snug and then loop it back through one of the D-rings and snap it in place. There you go. I recommend leaving the visor down unless you want bugs to hit your face. Trust me, the hurt."

 I lightly tap her helmet and finish getting my gear on and hop on the bike. She hesitantly grabs my shoulders and steps on the back peg and then throws one leg around to the other side. "Holy shit! I cannot believe I am doing this!" 

"Hold on!" I start the engine and give it a few revs before we take off to the coffee shop. This should be interesting.

Catra's POV 

I cannot believe I am doing this. I am on the back of a motorcycle. With the hottest girl. Going to a coffee shop...as a... date? Never in my life did I think I would be riding on the back of a motorcycle. I have always wanted to try it, but was always too scared. Adora revved the engine a few times before heading out of the school parking lot. Show off. 

"Eeep!" I let out a little girly scream as Adora takes off on the main road. I cling onto her for dear life. It feels like we are going at least 90 before we get to a stop sign and I managed to look down at her speedometer and notice we were only going 35. If that's what 35 felt like I can only imagine what actually going 90 would feel like. 

She takes off again and I go back to clinging onto her for dear life. I'm never one to show my emotions, but for some reason I can't seem to help myself when I am around Adora. There's just something about her that makes me feel at ease and that everything will be okay. I still hold onto her tightly, but after what feels like forever I start to relax a little bit and take a look at the scenery around. The views look really different from the back of a motorcycle. Things just feel better; there's the breeze that keeps you cool and the sounds of everything makes you feel as if you are actually part of the road. I'm starting to understand why people risk their lives to do this. It feels so freeing. 

Before I know it Adora pulls into a parking spot right outside the coffee shop entrance. I hop off and jump up and down from excitement. "Oh. My. God! That was so amazing!" 

"Haha, I am glad you liked it. You seem pretty scared there. I almost couldn't breathe you were hanging on so tight!" At this moment she takes off her helmet and holy crap. That was one hell of a sight to see. She looked gorgeous. Her blonde hair slowly escaped from the helmet and then she shook her head from side to side. I swear it was like from the movies. I feel my face start to get red.  

"Here let me help you with your helmet." She comes closer and unstraps the helmet and pulls it off my head. We are only a few inches apart looking at each other. I notice her eyes went from my eyes to my lips and the thought crossed my mind to kiss her when I chickened out and started heading for the door. Damnit...why does she make me so damn nervous? I used to be a ladies girl and have all the moves. I've never been afraid to make the first move ever.  

I hold the door open for her, "M'lady." 

"Thank you, how very gracious of you." She flashes me a smile as we both walk in. 

A/N: I want to say thank you to those of you who have read this far. I appreciate the support! If there are any requests for what you would like to see in this fanfiction I will see about adding it in. I know things may seem slow, but I want to build up their relationship a little bit first.