Chapter 11

Adora's POV

We are back in the locker rooms finishing putting the rest of our gear on. It's almost time to run out onto the field. I start to jump up and down from the excitement and adrenaline that's coursing through my veins. The thought of Catra being in the stands just gets me even more excited.

"You ladies ready for this?" It was Lonnie. She walked up and patted me on the pads. Scorpia was finishing putting her jersey on next to me.

"Hell yeah!" We both say in unison.

We go out and meet with the rest of the team. The coach then starts his inspirational speech: "Alright, this is it. Let's start this season off right and go out there and win!" We all cheer. "We have some new talent on this team and I really think we have a chance to go to state this year. Now, lets go out there and show them what we can do!" A roar of cheers erupt the hall as we start dawning our helmets and lining up to run out to the field. The sounds of the marching band echo in my head.

Next thing we hear is the announcer as he announces the visiting team. We hear a boooo come from our side. The announcer then welcomes us onto the field and we run out in full sprint. The student section goes wild in cheers. I hear someone yelling "go Adora!!!!! That's my girl!" And turn to see Catra in the student section wearing my jersey and her face completely painted in the school colors hanging out with the rest of the gang who are all cheering as well for Scorpia and Lonnie.

We have back to them as we go to the sidelines. The coin toss is flipped and we have first kick off. The special teams goes out and kicks the ball leaving the opposite team at the 25 yard line. Our defense holds the line and it's quickly turned over for us to take the ball and we have the advantage at the 40 yard line.

Scorpia, Lonnie, and I run out with the rest of the team. Lonnie is a running back, I'm a wide receiver, and Scorpia is a beast so she is a lineman. We huddle up and the quarterback gives the play. He's going to give the ball to Lonnie and go through the center; hopefully Scorpia is able to make a clearing for her.
"Hike!" Is yelled and we all move. Scorpia must've made a clearing because I see Lonnie running with ball past the 50 before getting ran off to the sidelines at the 43.

The opposing team managed to hold us there and it's the 3rd down. The quarterback signals for me to go long hopefully making it to the end zone to score. We line up and I hear Catra from the stands yelling her head off. I'm surprised she has a voice left. "Hike!" The sounds of shoulder pads colliding fill the air and I run past the offensive line and clear to the red zone (side note: for those of you that don't know the red zone is the last 20 yards before the end zone). I turn around and see the ball being thrown my way, I jump and catch it landing on the balls of my feet. From the corner of my eye I see an opponent running to tackle me, I take off sprinting and make it to the ends one scoring the first touchdown. The marching band plays and the home side erupts in cheers. "Wooo!!! Go Adora!!!" Is heard from the student section.

Half time ends with the score being 7-14, we're ahead by a touchdown. The teams go back to their respective locker rooms except me because apparently I'm an overachiever. I'm in band and therefore in marching band. I see Kyle run up to me with my trombone and I take it and get into formation with the rest of the band. I feel Catra's eyes on me the entire time smiling and cheering for me.

Half time ends and it's kick off. Our turn to receive the ball. Our special teams catch the ball and take a knee keeping us at the 20 yard line. I look back to the student section and see Catra, she blows me a kiss from the stand and I pretend to catch it and wink at her before putting my helmet on and running out.

Play after play is made with Lonnie running for a 30 yard play scoring a touchdown right before the last quarter starts. The opposing team follows and scores again with only 5 minutes remaining. It's our ball. We intend to run the clock for as long as can making safe plays ensuring we keep the ball and inching forward slowly. Less than a minute remains and Lonnie is going to run the ball into the end zone scoring the final touchdown.

"Hike!" Lonnie grabs the ball and runs straight into the middle where she is knocked so hard that the ball flys out of her hand causing a fumble. Scorpia recovers the ball and rushes it into the end zone scoring. The stand erupts with cheer and music and we all rush to Scorpia giving her pats on the helmet for a job well done.

The game ends and the teams lineup high fiving for good sportsmanship before going to the locker rooms. We shower and get cleaned up before heading out. Our group of friends are waiting for us outside the door. My eyes immediately find Catra's and I run as best as I can towards her and jump into her arms wrapping my legs around her waist.

I let go and hop back down to the ground. "You did really great out there! Here, this is for you," she pulls a rose out from her back and hands it to me. I feel a smile form on my face and hug her.

"Thank you," I pull back and blush while sniffing the beautiful rose. I give her a quick peck and hold her hand while we walk to the rest of the group.

"After party at my place!!!" Mermista yells for everyone to hear.

I turn to Catra "You wanna go? You can stay at my place if you need to. My aunts won't care, they're dying to meet you."

Catra gives me another peck before answering. "I'd love to go, after all we have to celebrate your big win." She gives a half flirtatious smile and bends her knees in front of me signaling for me to get on her back. "You must be tired. Let me carry you to the car."

I hope on her back happily as she walks us over to Scorpia's truck.

A/N well that took me longer to write than I meant! I kept getting interrupted so it took a while. Happy Friday and hope you enjoyed! More should be written over the weekend! Love you all!