Chapter 25

Adora's POV

They got Catra upstairs into her room where she will be recovering. It's an intensive care unit so the room is huge. There's a couch on the side by the window and then a recliner chair next to the bed. That's where I've been. Catra's still sleeping. It's been 8 hours since her surgery but the anesthesia still has her feeling tired so she's been sleeping the whole time. Probably for the better anyways. Her body needs to heal.

Our friends have been coming and going dropping off flowers, get well balloons and cards, and even bringing food for me. Lonnie was discharged from the ER and her and Mara have been in the room with me since. We've been playing card games and chatting trying to keep quiet as to not wake Catra.

"So your aunts are really going to try and have Catra live with you guys?" Lonnie asked, she almost seemed upset. With Catra's condition I forgot that they lived together. Lonnie is going to have to find a new home and possibly move away depending on where the new foster home is.

"Yeah it's amazing! There's going to be rules of course. My Aunts have been talking to their lawyer and have even been discussing Catra being something called an emancipated minor."

"What's that mean?" They both asked in unison.

"It's where a minor can basically be an adult. So since Catra is considered old enough to be able to make sound decisions she'll have to prove she can live on her own and hold a job and stuff but she would be able to make all her own legal choices and be considered an adult."

"That sounds interesting......" Lonnie trails off.

"You should look into it too!" I quickly chimed. "That way you wouldn't have to move or go into another crappy foster home."

"Yeah...that actually sounds really nice. I've grown to like this place." She looks at Mara with love in her eyes. "I'll talk to my social worker about it. Would your aunts be okay to talk to me more about it?"

"Yeah I'm sure that'd be fine. They're actually on their way now. They wanna be here when Catra wakes up to discuss it further. The sooner choices can be made the better it'll be for Catra." I look towards the sleeping Catra. I brush a lock of hair out of her face and kiss her forehead.

We play our card game and I hear Catra stirring. I look over and see her eyes opening. "Hey good morning sleepy head."

"Hey Adora."

I smile at the sound of her saying my name and kiss her head gently.

"Hey guys." She looks towards Lonnie and Mara. "How long have you been here?"

"Just a few hours. You can't get rid of me that easily dude." Lonnie teased. we all chuckled a little.

Catra's POV
I still feel so damn sleepy. And I hurt all over. It hurts to breathe and hurts to smile but I try to not let it show. Adora's been through enough as it is right now worrying about me. She doesn't need anything else to worry about. I finish looking around the room and see it's full of flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, and cards. 

"Who brought all this stuff?" I ask confused.

"What do you mean Catra? All your friends brought it. Perfume insisted on all sorts of flowers. She said something about how the fresh scents will help with your recovery and the rest of the gang brought everything else." Adora grabbed one of the plushies that's a cat and handed it to me. "My aunts got you this."

I take it and hold it tight. I'm feeling overwhelmed with emotions right now. I've never had so many people care for me like this. I feel the tears start to form in the corners of my eyes.

"Well look who's finally awake!"

I turn and see it's Adora's aunts. "Hey guys,"

"How are you feeling?" Netossa asked.

Her wife nudges her and gives her a look of that-was-a-stupid-question. I love their dynamic. They're playful, honest, and full of love. It's something I strive for with Adora. "Honestly, I feel like crap. But Im better than I was."

"Well, you've been through a lot. Our little Adora here has been at your side the whole time keeping us updated."

I reach for Adora's hand and squeeze it. This girl is simply amazing. There's a small silence for a little bit.

"So Catra. We have something we want to discuss with you."

I get a worried feeling in the pit of my stomach. "Yeah?"

"We don't want you to go back into the system after what you've been through and we wanted to ask if you wanted to move in with us and see about becoming an emancipated minor?"

I pause taking that in. "Seriously?"

"Yeah seriously. There would be rules with you and Adora of course. But we want you to be able to recover fully while we work on your emancipation papers together."

I forgot they even mentioned the words emancipated minor. That's nearly every foster kids dream; to be their own adult. "You think I have a shot at that?"

"We certainly do. Our lawyer does to."

The tears come back but this time I can't hold them back. "I-I don't know what to say. That's amazing. Thank you so much. I'd love that. I'd be honored to move in."

I turn to Adora who is a smiling fool. Her eyes are sparkling just as much as her smile. "Sure you won't get sick of me?"

"Oh please, me? Sick of you? No chance."

"Perfect! Then we'll tell our lawyer to get the paperwork started." Netossa whips her phone out and walks out to talk on the phone.

I have no words to describe the emotions I'm feeling. This moment has been overwhelming in the best of ways. I see everyone chatting and hear Lonnie talking to Spinerella about becoming an emancipated minor herself. Everyone is so happy. I'm so happy.

A/N I know I know. Kind of a dull chapter. But holy cow dudes! 14k! Thank you all so much!! I'm still playing genshin impact, but am also back into Pokémon Go and playing pokemon on my switch. If any of you need more Go friends let me know! I have plenty of gifts to share! Also am currently going to work on a gender bend cosplay of deathstroke. As always, love you all!