Chapter 15

Above is a picture that @bugaboomilady created for this fanfic!  <3    Thank you again for this wonderful drawing! I cannot express how much love I have for it and that it brings a smile to my face every time I see it.  

---------

Catra's POV

"Where do you want to go?" We finished our coffees and made it back to her motorcycle. I'm starting to actually get the hang of putting the helmet on and I don't need Adora's help anymore. 

"It's a surprise." She tells me and has a mischievous look on her face. Great, what did I just say yes to?

She starts the bike and off we go. I'm still not very comfortable on this thing just yet so I still hold onto her for dear life. I'm just grateful that she notices and doesn't do anything reckless or dangerous and keeps the speed at the suggested limit. 

We finally pull into the parking lot and we are in the middle of nowhere. "Uh...Adora...you aren't going to murder me are you?"

"Mayyybeee." She pauses for a little too long. "Just kidding! Jeez Catra I would never do that! Well, not for real at least. Metaphorically yes." 

We keep walking until the entrance of the place comes into view. "We are going paintballing?" 

"Yeah it's a lot of fun! Have you ever been?" 

"No, but I have always wanted to," The look of excitement spreads over my face, "Better watch yourself out there Blondie. I'm gonna get you." I reach for her sides and start tickling her. She lets out the cutest laugh. 

"Catra! Stop it!" She says between laughs and starts swatting my hands away. I finally decide to stop and just grab her hand instead. 

We walk up to the counter where Adora pays for the rental equipment. I'm handed the loaded paintball gun after dawning some extra protective gear and grabbing a helmet. "Do you girls mind playing with another team?" 

We exchange glances and shrug at the same time. "Not at all!" 

We go and meet the other players and introduce ourselves. "Do you ladies mind if we split you up? We are each down a player so having one per side works perfectly." 

"Yeah that works for us." I kiss Adora's hand and give her a wink, "Watch yourself out there Princess." 

"Bring. It. On." And with that we go our separate ways.

----------

My team and I huddle around on one end of the map. The game is simple and so are the rules. Last man/team standing wins. No head shots or shooting if closer than 6 feet, if you're shot you're out. "Okay people! Watch your six and don't hesitate to take the shot if you think you can land it." We all nod our heads. "Spread out!" 

I look around to see where everyone else is going before crouching and taking cover behind a couple barrels. The course is amazing. It's set in the woods with a few cars and tree huts for cover and advantage. I feel my heart beating as the game starts. Adora doesn't know this yet, but I am a super competitive person and I am not about to lose.

I hear a shot go off towards my right and hear "Dead!" as a player from the other team walks off the course. I popped my head up out of cover to survey the grounds and spot someone running closer towards a car for cover. I let off a few shots and miss. Damnit! Come on Catra. Another teammate of mine heard the shots and saw where they were going and started to cover that area. I proceed to take the opportunity to advance forward in the course. 

I look to my left and see another teammate has done the same thing and motions his hands towards the tree hut signaling a sniper. I pop my head up and a paintball goes whizzing by my head, thankfully it missed. I pop a couple shots off and it hits him right in the shoulder. "Dead!" I smile at the satisfaction that our team is crushing this. I still haven't seen Adora. Must be hiding.