Chapter 9

Catra's POV

It felt just like yesterday when Adora asked me to wear her football jersey--oh wait, that's because it was yesterday. I'm getting ready and decide to wear black ripped skinny jeans with some checkers vans. I have never worn a jersey before, like am I supposed to wear a shirt under this? I decide yes just in case and throw on a simple red tank top underneath. I throw on her jersey. Man this feels so weird, but yet, so right. I smile as I look in the mirror seeing the number 11 in big white letters on the crimson red jersey.

I start walking out the door when Lonnie comes out of her room. She whistles and nods in approval. "Damn girl. You're looking good in that. So does that mean shes your girlfriend now?"

"Shut up Lonnie." I pause for a moment thinking about what she asked. Are we girlfriends now? It was never a discussion we had and I don't even think we have been on a proper date. "We are not girlfriends. She just asked me to wear her jersey and I said yes."

"Uh huh. If you say so." She rolls her eyes. "C'mon, we better get going before she-who-shall-not-be-named sees."

We hurry down the hall and get ready to open the door to leave for school when we hear "Where do you think you are going wearing that?! You are a disgrace and a mock of a person. No one will ever want to be your friend wearing that girls jersey. I don't even know what she sees in you; you're pathetic and will never amount to anything."

"Just leave us alone Shadow Weaver," I start to clench my hands into fists ready to fight when I feel Lonnie start tugging my arm to go.

As I turn to leave with Lonnie Shadow Weaver comes forward and spills her morning coffee right on me burning through both layers of fabric and staining Adora's jersey. I scream out in pain and before I could say anything Lonnie pulls me out and we get to the side of the road where Scorpia is waiting to pick us up.

"I can't fucking believer her. I hate her!" I say almost in tears looking at the now ruined jersey.

"Hey Catra, it's okay. Try not to worry about it. I'm sure Adora won't be mad. It takes a lot to get her mad." Scorpia sounds more like a mom saying that than Shadow Weaver ever has.

I quickly change the subject not wanting to talk about it anymore and to distract me from the burning pain I feel on my stomach. "Hey so you guys are on the football team as well, who'd you give your jerseys out to?"

"I gave mine to Perfuma. I think her and I really have something special." Scorpia exclaims with a huge smile on her face.

"I gave mine to some girl named Mara. We have the same history class and have been getting pretty close this week."

We pull up to the school and my eyes quickly scan the parking lot for signs of Adora. I don't see swiftwind so she probably isn't here yet. But, there is Glimmer and Bow. Adora will go to them when she gets here so I guess I'll go say hi.

Adora's POV

I took too long getting ready for today. I must have tried on at least 4 different outfits trying to find the perfect one to see Catra when I gave up and opted for a white baseball tee with red sleeves and some pants with red converse. At least its school colors for today. I decided to go by the coffee shop and get Catra and I some coffee before heading to the school.

I pull up the school and all the good parking spots are taken. It's a good thing I ride a motorcycle because I technically don't need a parking spot. I cruise into one of the spots that has the yellow lines going through it. I take my gear off and scan the crowd to try and find Catra. I find her right away--it helps that she is wearing my jersey. I smile at the sight of her actually wearing my jersey. It's as if the jersey was meant for her alone showing off her slender body. My mind starts to wander to thoughts of Catra wearing nothing else but the jersey and waiting for me on my bed.

I'm quickly thrown out of my trance when I hear Glimmer say my name. I didn't even notice that Glimmer and Bow were there with Catra. Wait a minute...since when did Catra hang out with Glimmer and Bow?

"Hey guys!" I wave to them as I'm walking up stopping right beside Catra. "Hey Catra, I got you another coffee. You uh, you look really good." I couldn't help but give a flirtatious smile towards her.

"Hello! Earth to Adora! You can stop drooling now." Glimmer was snapping her fingers and I quickly turn my head towards them. "Jeez I swear I just can't with you two sometimes. I mean you're even matching with your outfits!"

Both Catra and I exchange glances to see what we are wearing and realize we do match. We smile and shrug it off smiling, our hands grazing each other's until Catra interlaces her fingers with mine.

"But babe they're so cute!" Bow's voice gets higher in pitch saying this with a twinkle in his eye.

"Lets go Bow. I think we need to leave these two alone." Glimmer grabs Bow's hand and they walk away towards the school together.

I turn my attention back towards Catra and notice that she seems different. When I first walked up and handed her the coffee her eyes lit up, but now she can't even seem to glance in my direction. "Is something wrong?"

"Just don't be mad at me"

"Catra what happened?"

"It was Shadow Weaver. She ruined your jersey. She spilled coffee all over your jersey and I am so sorry Adora." She looks like shes about to cry.

"Hey, its okay. Don't worry about it. It's just a dumb jersey. Are you okay though?" I wrap my arms around her holding her to my chest.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Are you sure you're not mad?

"Not even in the slightest. At this point it seems to be our thing; ruining shirts with spilled coffee." She laughs as I made the dumb joke and starts to pull away but gives me a kiss on the cheek first. She grabs my hand sending a heat throughout my body and we head off to class.

A/N Man this was longer than I originally intended it to be. I was debating on starting to put images before each chapter but I cannot draw at all. I can't even draw a straight line (probably because I'm not straight). But if any of you guys do and feel comfortable sharing your art then I would love to post it with credit. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed and I should have another chapter tomorrow! Oh also, if any of you guys are fellow cosplayers I am currently making a template for the S5 She-ra tiara and sword so if any of you guys are interested just message me and I'll see what I can do! Enjoy your day!