Chapter 18

Catra's POV

It's Saturday morning and Adora will be here any moment to help me back for the beach trip later this afternoon. I've never really been big on water or swimming so I have nothing for this trip. I have a swimsuit that is 6 years old and probably doesn't even fit anymore. We have several hours before the group comes to pick us up so Adora said she would help me get my life together for this beach day. 

In the distance I hear Adora coming down the road and peer out the window and see her. I say a silent thank you for Adora being thoughtful to cut the bike before getting close to the house so that it doesn't wake anyone else--mainly the old hag. I finish throwing on a red and black tank top that pairs nicely with my ripped black jeans and black boots, grab the helmet and run out the door before anyone even notices I'm gone. 

I wave to Adora and she starts pushing the bike closer to us until we meet. 

"You ready to go shopping?" Adora says through her helmet. I can't see her face but her eyes are gleaming with excitement and I can tell she has a smile on her face. 

"Ready to get this over with." I pull the helmet and her backpack on, get on the back of the bike, and wrap my arms around her as she starts up Swifty and gets on the road towards Target. 

We arrive shortly after; one of the perks of being up early in the morning on a weekend. I've started to get used to riding on the back of a motorcycle so Adora has started to go faster on the roads. We set the helmets down on the bike before she grabs my hand to lead us in. Her touch still sends a shock-wave throughout my body and makes me go crazy. 

"So the only thing we need here is some more sunblock and your swimsuit, I have towels and everything else at the house." We enter and she immediately goes straight to the swimsuits. "Ooohhhh you would look so good in this!" She holds up a black one piece with several slits in the side to show off a woman's curves. 

"Not a chance Princess. Not a single chance." She puts in back. My eyes start darting between all the racks of different styles and colors while Adora pulls multiple suits off the rack for me to go through. I scrunch my face up a little, "C'mon Blondie, you really think I'd wear any of these frilly foofoo stuff?" 

She pokes my nose. "Well you're not picking anything out. But, you're right. These aren't you at all, but we need to find something. I am not letting you go out in a 3 sizes to big t-shirt and underwear. You have a much to perfect body for that." My face goes red and I'm left speechless as various X rated thoughts go through my head. "How about this?" 

I snap out of my daydream and see what Adora has handed me. Its simple. Just a simple black bikini top and high waisted black bottoms with some slits on the sides that are meant to extenuate my hips. I actually kind of like it. "I don't think we'll be able to do any better in the time frame we have so sure." 

Her face brightens up like she's proud she found something I like. We grab sunblock before checking out and getting back her bike, Swifty. I shove the Target bag into the backpack before climbing on and heading back to her house for the rest of the group to pick us up. 

A/N Hey guys! Sorry for being gone for a good bit there! Work has been a killer lately and the vacation was a much needed self-love trip. Next chapter is already in the works so there shouldn't be as much of a time gap this time. Thank you as always for the continued support. Remember to treat yo'self every once in awhile! Breaks from life are great for the mind and body. (also I love parks and rec and live by the treat yo'self motto ever since it first aired).