Chapter 22

Adora's POV

"Order for Adora!" 

I walk up and grab my coffee from the counter. "Thanks Toks, I appreciate it!" 

It's been about a week since Catra stayed the night at my house. After she broke down in front of me I felt so close to her, as close as someone can feel emotionally. It takes a lot for someone to break down their walls and show their true colors and I feel thankful that I was the one. It makes me feel special in a sense, to know she can be herself around me and not hide. Its that kind of thing you see on TV and always long to have. 

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and check it. Nothing. The time shows school is apart to start and I haven't heard from Catra; normally she's awake by now. Hopefully things are okay with her at her house. I know her "foster mom" hates her and will do just about anything to see her fail in life. Especially since she has started to have a life outside of school. Catra has had barely any time to talk on the phone or hang outside of school. She says it's because Weaver has her doing meaningless tasks because she can't stand seeing her happy for once. I know that it's just code for Shadow Weaver has been making her life a living Hell through different beatings, chores, and anything else her evil mind can think of. I feel heat rise and my grip on the phone tenses at the thought of Weaver doing anything to harm Catra. 

I finish my drink and start to head towards swift wind. Sadly, I don't have enough time to go to Catra's house before school starts. I start swifty and head on towards school speeding down the road and weaving in and out of traffic. Throttle therapy is a great way to relieve any sort of stress and helps to clear the mind of any worry as well. I pull up to school and turn the bike off. 

"Adora!" Glimmer and Bow come running up towards me. 

"Hey guys, how are you?"

"Good! We were actually just discussing the upcoming game this Friday. Aren't we playing against Catra's old school?" Bow questions. 

"Speaking of, were is she?" Glimmer looks around searching. 

"I honestly don't know. I haven't heard from her this morning. I was hoping she was already at school." I pull my phone out and pull her number up from my favorites. 

"Awww you have her in your favorites and her contact has hearts next to it?! You guys are so adorable." I feel a blush creep across my face as Bow teases. 

I hit her contact and put the phone close to my ear. It goes to voicemail after some time. I can't help but feel a pit in my stomach. I look around the parking lot trying to see if Scorpia or Lonnie have arrived and don't see either. I quickly get flooded with feelings of panic and it must be showing. 

"Adora, hey it's okay. I'm sure Catra is fine. She probably just overslept or something." Glimmer was trying her best to be reassuring. 

The bell sounds and we all make our way to class. It's hard to focus. Each class goes by and each time there isn't any sign of Catra. It's almost lunch time and now I'm really worried. I've probably texted Catra at least 100 times and called every chance I could between classes. The bell rings again signaling for lunch to start. 

I don't even grab a food tray. I can't help but shake this feeling in my stomach. I don't know what it could mean, but it can't be good. I take a seat at the usual table keeping an eye on the door hoping that every time it opens it's Catra and each time its not disappointment comes. Glimmer, Bow, Mermista, SeaHawk, and Entrapta all gather around the table and are talking. I see their lips move, but can't hear anything they're saying. My mind is too worried over Catra. 

I check my phone again and still haven't heard from her. 

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Mara. The feeling I had in my stomach is instantly replaced with horror as I see her face. She's crying. But more importantly her face is of distress. Like she received terrible news. 

I feel tears well up in my eyes. "Where's Catra?"

A/N Holy crap you guys!!! I know I shouldn't be surprised at how this story is growing, but I am! I know others have taken off better and faster, but I am just so proud of this! Sorry not sorry for the cliff hanger? I'll try not to leave you guys hanging for too long >.< Nothing too interesting happening in my life. Hopefully yours is adventurous! As always, with much love and thanks to you all!