Chapter 33

Catra's POV

"Giiiiirls it's time to go!" I can hear Netossa yelling downstairs. I glance over at the clock and see she's right, if I don't finish getting ready soon then we will be late for the dance. I grab the black tie and head over towards the full length mirror to tie the perfect knot. I take a step back and admire myself, damn, I sure do look good.

I ordered this tux the day I asked Adora to the dance and had it overnight shipped; thankfully it fit and didn't need to be returned. I grab the maroon jacket that's hanging up and put it on, again admiring my appearance in the mirror. I might even go as far to say I look hot. Scorpia was right, maroon is def my color. I open the door and head out to the living room where Adora's aunts are waiting.

"Well look at you, who knew you could clean up so well?" Netossa joked.

I do a circle showing off the maroon tux in it's fullest. "Don't I look goooooood." I said as a statement, let's be honest, there's no question about it.

"Adora isn't ready yet?" I ask both of them.

"Nope." They both shake their heads. "Adora!"

"Coming!!"

Oh shit...this is it. Panic fills my chest as nerves take over my body. Why does she do this to me...just 10 seconds ago I was overly confident and now I'm second guessing every life choice.

I hear the sound of a door open with the clicking of heels coming down the hallway. Oh shit oh shit oh shit. My heart starts racing. I adjust my jacket and take a deep breath looking towards the sound and see Adora looking as beautiful as ever coming down the stairs. It's like something out of the movies where she's walking in slow motion down the stairs. I take in the sight before my eyes, her dress fitting in all the right spots, the slit revealing her leg with each step she took, her hair the perfect balance between messy and neat. I'm so lucky.

She puts her hands either side of my jacket causing a shock throughout my body. "H-hey Adora." I manage to stutter out. "You look...breath taking."

"You look quite dashing as well," she closed what little gap there was between us and kissed me.

"Hey now you two love birds, we're still here." Netossa said breaking the mood. "Think you can manage breaking apart for a few seconds so we can get some photos?"

"Oh dear, you get the exact same way." Spinerella teases.

I pull away from Adora and grab her corsage off the counter. "Got you something." I place the corsage over her hand and onto her wrist. "Looks beautiful on you." I glance up and see that she's blushing.

"Here," she reaches for one of my lapels and places a boutonnière on that matches her corsage.

"Did you get that? Tell me you got that photo!" I hear Spinerella slapping Netossa's arm from excitement.

"Easy there, I got it I got it. How about you two face us and we'll take a couple more before you leave for the dance?"

I put my arm around her waist holding her close as she puts a hand on my chest. There's a click from the phone, we quickly change poses where she's in front with both my arms wrapped around her and the phone clicks again.

"Perfect." Adora's aunts say together. "You two have fun and be safe now. Remember the house is yours tonight so don't trash it; we'll be back tomorrow night." Netossa walks over to me handing me her car keys. I look up at her with a questioning look.

"You can't take Adora's motorcycle to the dance." I nod and thank her.

"Shall we babe?" I hold my arm out towards Adora.