Chapter 3

Catra POV

The day is almost halfway over and it's almost time for lunch. Up next, Latin class. What kind of stuck up school even teaches Latin? I get in and find an open seat in the back. Is that Adora's voice I hear? Great. We have lockers near each other and now we have Latin together. Looks like Lonnie wasn't kidding when she said Adora is popular. Adora has a flock of people surround her at her desk. Shit she saw me.

"Well look who it is! Hey Catra!" Adora said waving. She had what seemed like the biggest smile on her face.

"Hey Blondie."

"Attention class! Welcome to first level Latin! Now take your seats and pay attention. My name is Micah and I will be your teacher."

Time passes by fairly quickly. No homework assignments thankfully, just the basic first day of class crap. The bell rings and it's time for lunch!

"Hey Catra do you have lunch now?" I look to the voice and of course it's Adora. "If you do you're more than welcome to sit with my friends and I."

"Yeah I have lunch now. But I'm not gonna sit with you." I see Adora's face go from a smile to a frown. Crap. "Not that I don't want to. It's just that I told Lonnie I'd sit with her and some of our friends from the Frightzone."

"Oh. No it's okay. Tell them I say hi." It seemed like she was forcing a half smile. "So you're from the Frightzone huh? How's that?"

Did she really just ask me how the Frightzone is in the most nonchalant way? The Frightzone is known as the bad side of town, the side of town that has a gang called the Horde and where nothing good tends to happen. "The Frightzone is the same as always. Broody."

Finally. It's the lunchroom. I'm starving. We both go through the lunch line without saying much. I grab a salad and I notice that Adora nearly grabbed everything. "Hungry huh."

"Yeah I didn't have much for breakfast. Plus I gotta get enough calories in for weight training and football practice."

"Oh yeah. The starting football player. Right. Lonnie told me." She could eat all the food in the cafeteria and still have the best figure.

"Yeah I have practice after school. Big game is this Friday. You should come! Everyone is gonna be there."

"Uh..yeah sure. Why not." Wait what did I just say? Did I just agree to watch a football game? We hit the end of the line and sit at separate tables. I sit next to Rogelio, Lonnie, and Kyle.

The day goes on without a hitch. Still no homework from any classes thankfully. Time to go to volleyball practice.

Adora POV
The final bell rung and it's time for football practice. I get to the locker room and start gathering all of my gear.

"Hey Adora."

I turn and see Catra. What's she doing here? "Oh hey Catra! What are you doing here?"

"I'm on the volleyball team."

"Oh that's cool! You never mentioned playing sports earlier."

"Yeah I play volleyball and soccer."

"Seems like we will be seeing a lot of each other then. Between our Latin class, lifting and football and your volleyball and soccer." My cheeks get start to feel warm as Catra starts to change into her practice uniform. Man can those practice shorts get any smaller? Wait. No. Adora stop looking.

"Heh, yeah I guess so Blondie." Catra smiled and winked making me blush more.

"Uh, well I'll see ya later!" Did she really just wink at me? Was she flirting with me? Earlier today she hated me and now she's flirting?