Chapter 14

Adora's POV

We arrived at the coffee shop and ordered, the place was so crowded though that we were forced outside to try and find a spot to sit and talk. Things seemed fine at my place but ever since we left it feels like there's some tension between us. I know I've been quiet since leaving because I can't help but feel super embarrassed about everything. "Do you wanna walk around for a bit? I think they're is a park right down the block that should have some park benches or something." 

"Yeah. That sounds great. Lead the way Princess," she flashes her smile and my heart melts. Ugh! She doesn't even have to do anything and she makes me weak in my legs. We continue to walk side by side in silence until we arrive at the park and find a bench to sit on. 

We sit there for a few minutes taking sips of coffee in silence. The tension is still there. Is she upset with me? Did she not tell me everything before we left? Great...I probably did ruin things, Gah! I'm such an idiot. I can't stand the silence anymore.

"So...about last night....I'm sorry...again. I know you told me what happened, but regardless I'm sure it wasn't pleasant and you shouldn't of had to take care of me like that. We only just met and..." I trail off trying to find the right words to say. "And I don't want to mess anything up." 

Catra seemed to perk up a little bit, "Mess anything up?"

"Yeah you know, with us. You have a lot on your plate with coming to a new school and your home life and you shouldn't have to take care of me either." I take a sip of my coffee to avoid the tears from forming. 

"You didn't mess anything up Adora. I took care of you last night because it's what people do." 

I shake my head, "Not a lot of people."

"Well it's what people do when the like and care for someone." She paused looking away for a moment before continuing to speak. "I'm pretty sure its obvious at this point, but I like you, Adora. A lot. What happened last night was okay. Nothing is ruined between us so stop beating yourself up over it okay?" 

I let out a sigh of relief and feel the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders when I hear Catra say she likes me, "Yeah, you're right. Thank you." I give her a peck on the cheek, "I like you, too. In case you didn't notice." I let out a small giggle and smile. She always knows how to make everything better. 

I take her hand and give it a gentle squeeze. "Do you wanna go out? Like on a date?" 

I look into Catra's gorgeous eyes that seem to light up at the question and she smirks a cocky smile. "Took you long enough to ask." 

A/N Holy poop you guys!! I was gone for a few days and come back to write more and this seemed to blow up! I can't express thank yous and my appreciation enough. You all rock and make my lesbian heart ache from so much love. This chapter is short, but that's because the next chapter is going to a little bit long. Wanted to even it out a little bit.