Three

Warning:
Mature Themes
Not Intended for Younger Audiences

"Now," Venti says, pulling away from the warm embrace, "I think I should have a talk with Diluc. I'll walk you home. It's dark and late and I don't want you getting hurt."

I tearfully nod, not wanting to leave Venti right now. I reach my hand out as he helps me up and leads me down the Germanic style roads. The swinging lanterns that hang from lampposts glitter gently in the shadowy alleyways.

Venti interlaces his fingers with him and gives my hand a big squeeze. I turn to look at him to see solemnly smiling at me. I return the squeeze, signifying that I'm alright. He nods and turns back forwards and leads me down the roads to my house.

"Hey, Venti?"

"Yes?"

"Can... Can you not tell Ragnvindr that I caught him having sex with the Acting Grand Master? If he asks, just make something up please. I truly fear what he would do to me if he new I saw."

"Huh?" Venti asks, turning towards me. "What do you mean 'Fear what he would do?' Are you telling me that Diluc hurts you?!"

I shake my head and furiously flail my hands about.

"N-No! Nothing of the sort... It's just... Master Ragnvindr is so... scary."

Venti hums.

"Well, I have noticed that you call him by his last name. Are you afraid of him that much?"

I bashfully nod my head.

"He's just so capable of doing so much. I mean, he has entire monopoly of industry in Mondstadt for heavens sake. He's strong, clever, and high in status. What isn't there to fear about him?"

Venti hums again. He lets out a sigh and gently shakes his head.

"Alright, alright, I won't tell Diluc. But what am I supposed to say to him? 'Hey, was having sex with Jean any good?' I just don't know how to talk to him about it."

I let out a heavy breath and look down at the ground.

"I... I guess you're right."

"No, it's alright. I still won't tell him that I got this information from you."

"Jean."

"What?"

I look up at him with bright eyes. This is the first time my mind has thought of a semi good idea.

"Venti, you can tell Ragnvindr that you overheard Jean talking about having sex with him! Then he won't question where you heard it from!"

Venti's eyes widen as a gradual smile comes upon his face.

"That's genius! But... What if he questions Jean?"

"Oh... Hm... I didn't think about that. But... I think that... Ragnvindr will be so preoccupied with you figuring out his secret that... maybe he'll just ask you to keep quiet? I don't know. He's very unpredictable. But, let's just hope he doesn't go to Jean. Maybe... threaten him with the thought of 'telling me' you found out about their affair?"

Venti hums once again.

"I guess that could work... Let's just worry about it tomorrow. You still need to get some sleep. It's nearly the new day and we've just been standing and talking."

"But... I like talking with you Venti. I love you."

Venti blushes and turns away quickly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Haha... Y-You shouldn't say those things to a god... Haha..."

I just giggle and regrab Venti's hand. I lead him towards my house.

"All I said was the truth. I really do love you Venti."

Venti turn to me with a faint blush on his face.

"I... I love you too, (Y/n)."