Seventeen

Warning:
Mature Themes
Not Intended for Younger Audiences

Sometimes, I wake up from a dream when I don't mean to. I try to say something or respond to something someone told me and suddenly the world becomes frozen in place until I eventually open my eyes. It's because I often talk in my sleep and I taught myself to wake up from nightmares by calling myself out of them. It is an odd talent, but useful when experiencing fearful situations that you don't know if they're real or not.

Because of this, I wake very easily when someone calls out my name. No matter what I do to try and keep myself asleep, if a being cries out my name, I will wake up. I've tried to keep myself awake, but it only rouses me further.

I wish I never taught myself to wake up. I wish I never woke up in general. I'm sure the world would be a much better place without someone as useless as me. The world doesn't need someone as weak and idiotic as I am.

(All this is based on me :3 I did teach myself to wake up from nightmares, but... now I sleep talk and can't stop. OOPS)

"(Y/n)~" a soft, silky voice coos, "It's time to wake up, my darling."

I want to keep my eyes shut, scrunch them so tight then no light seeps through. Unfortunately, I eyes open up to see a bright sun shinning high in the sky, seeping through the window's sheer curtains. I turn my head to see Diluc sitting on a chair next to me, a dreamy-smug smile on his face.

I try to move away from him when his large hand grips onto my wrist. I flinch out of reaction and fear. He lets his head fall slightly to the side with a loopy smile.

"Shh... There's no need to run, my dear. Stay right there, it's alright."

"D-D-- M-Master Ragnvindr..." I stumble out, "Wh-Why am I i-i-in y-you- I in your ro-oo-room?"

Diluc just smiles, head pressed against his palm.

"Because you need a place to sleep. Don't you remember what happened?"

You forced me to pass out with lack of air.

"N-No..."

"You fainted in my office unexpectedly," he says, "so I brought you here to rest. I didn't realize that you'd be asleep for over twenty hours. I got worried that you wouldn't wake up."

"Twenty... hours?!" I whisper.

Diluc nods.

"Hm. Twenty hours. Not to worry, you're parents know that you're here. I've already had one of your servants bring you your things."

"W-What do you mean?"

Diluc closes his eyes.

"You're going to live here, aren't you? You are my soon-to-be, right?"

"Master Ragnvidr, you can't just-"

"Shh... I know it's a lot to take in right now but-"

I try to move, only to hear a loud clinking against my leg. I stare at the source, Diluc almost looking panicked. I try to remove the covers when Diluc's hand grasps mine in his. Diluc's hand grips tightly, nearly snapping my wrist.

"I wouldn't do that now. We just got you up. We wouldn't want you back to... fainting, now would we?"

My heart pounds against my chest, the feeling of blood pooling in my throat sending me into a sort of shock.

"What did you do?" I ask faintly.

Diluc looks down, a sense of darkness overcasting his body.

"I can't just let you go. We love each other... Right? It's either stay in this nice, warm bed with me, or in the wine cellar, constantly surrounded by darkness. Which do you choose, my love?"

I can't help but shake in his grasps. He looks up to meet my gaze and his eyes seem to glow with evil. I swallow the lump that sits tight in my throat.

"Please... Don't hurt me."