Seven

Warning:
Mature Themes
Not Intended for Young Audiences

Diluc's heaving breathing fills the still air, tension rising like a high flood. Three thumping hearts beat, all too rapidly for anyone's comfort. Diluc's gaze scans around the room, to find his beloved now where to be found. He bares his teeth as they grind into one another.

"You said she was here!" Diluc hoarsely.

"That was the last place I saw her, Master Diluc. If you wish, you may enter and search for her."

Diluc clicks his tongue in anger and storms into the room. Meanwhile, the young girl hides in a very childish spot, but has never failed her to hide her from intruders. She lays as still as she can, barely breathing, under the bed.

Diluc, in a fit of rage, tosses over chairs, blankets, and many other things inside her room. It never crosses his frenzied mind to check underneath the bed itself. He growls and shouts in frustration, tearing up the sheets on her neatly made bed.

Still, oh so still. Even in a flood of panic, the young woman remains silent, holding her breath. She feels as though she's going to faint without breathing in deeply, but knows that she might perish if she speaks up too loudly. Still, oh so still.

Diluc screams one again and storms out the room, slamming the door shut. He turns to the butler and glares at him with fury.

"You told me she was in there," he says in a cold rage.

The butler just shakes his head.

"I apologize. As I have stated before, she was in there the last time I saw her. She must of gone off somewhere. Perhaps to her parents room? Though, I do not think the Mister and Missus would appreciate you barging into their room like you did with the mistress's room."

Diluc loudly scoffs before heading down the hall, leaving the house. The butler walks him and opens the door for the young adult. He bows and gestures for him to leave in a polite fashion. Diluc grumbles and growls loudly. Then he stops and turns back to the butler.

"The next time you see her. Tell her to see me at the Dawn Winery, immediately. Do you understand?"

The butler, putting on a stone cold face, though worried, nods his head.

"Crystal."

Diluc harshly nods before leaving to his own home. The butler, after making sure he's gone, closes the door before heaving a heavy sigh. That entire time, his heart was pounding out of his chest, worried that his mistress would be found out.

He quickly turns and rushes back up to his mistress's room and does his special knock in reverse. Thrice then twice. He waits a moment until he hears the soft footsteps reach the door. The heavy door opens to see the (E/c) eyes filled to the brim with tears, lip wobbling to stay straight.

"CHARLES!" she weeps, burying her face into the butler's chest, "I was so scared! I was so scared he would find me. His feet w-w-w-walking acr-acr-across the ground scared me s-s-s-s-so much!"

Charles presses his hand gently against the back of his mistress's head and brushes his fingers through her hair. He and the head maid of the house have always been more of parents to her than her actual family.

"I know, I know... I was so scared too. You did so good. I'm so proud of you."

(Y/n) continues to weep into Charles's chest, not wanting to leave his fatherly embrace. Soon though, Charles pulls away and leans down a bit to look her in the eyes.

"My lady, know that I always will be here to protect you. But... I have some unfortunate news."

"W-W-What is w-w-what is i-is it?" she stutters out, her speech impediment worsening with the feeling of fear.

"The master... Diluc... wishes for you to see him."

(Y/n)'s eyes go wide with dread. Her body begins to shake violently and the feeling of throwing up overcomes her.

"But-"

"I'm sorry miss. He asked for you right away, but I think it best you get some sleep. Dawn is soon, but I believe I can stall enough time for you to sleep a few extra hours this day."

Tears well up in her eyes once again as she hugs Charles tight.

"Blessed be thy soul. My the lord Barbatos have many blessings upon you," she quietly says.

"Amen. Now, it's off to bed, my lady."

She lookds down and sadly nods her head.

"Good night... I lo- I lo- I love you."

Charles bends down and presses a quick kiss on her forehead.

"I love you too."

Anyway, the voice of Diluc in English is named Sean Chiplock

He is fantastic

He's Butters (Mishima (Persona 5)) (That's an inside joke, kind of?)

He's also a bunch of other voices that I love, like Kiyotaka from Danganronpa

Anyway, I don't feel like updating anytime soon so please don't ask.