Twenty Eight

Warning:
Mature Themes

Not Intended for Younger Audiences

Slowly but surely, I manage to make it through the rest of my meal. Diluc decided that sitting next to me would be more "efficient" than sitting across like he was before. He claims that he doesn't want me to collapse over again, and yes, that is a valid reason, but I still wish he was as far from me as Mondstadt is from Liyue Harbour, maybe even Inazuma City.

"How was your meal?" Diluc asks, gently holding the back of my hand in his, tracing over my knuckles with his thumb.

I swallow thickly, unsure of how to respond. The meal was good, yes, but eating it next to him makes me feel sick. Slowly, I open my mouth to respond.

"I-It was g-go-good. Th-Thank yo-you-you, Diluc-uc-Diluc."

I notice a slight smile on his face, satisfaction seeming to be present in his eyes.

"What a good girl," I manage to hear him mumble.

My stomach tightens in knots at those words. I hate being compared to a child. I am an adult, and I just want to be treated as such.

"D-Diluc? Can-Can I ask a q-question?"

"Of course!" he responds, almost too excitedly.

"A-Are you su-sure we ca-can go back to Mond-Mondstadt-Mondstadt?"

"Yes, but you have to be obedient for the day if you want to. Are you going to be a good girl?"

Those words again make me want to throw up, but I swallow my pride and nod.

"O-Of course, Di-Diluc... I'll... be a g-go-good girl..."

Diluc can't help but smile, his face seeming to be in a pure bliss.

"Oh, I'm so happy to hear that," Diluc says, throwing his arms around my neck, nuzzling his face into my hair. "I love you so much, (Y/n). You love me too, right?"

Th-This is for f-freedom

"I l-love you, Di-Diluc," I say in a shy tone.

"I'm so glad to hear it," he says, snuggling deeper into my body. "I love you more than anything else. You know this right? Because I do! I would do anything for you!"

"L-Like w-what?" I ask, too curious for my own good.

...

...

...

..

.

"Kill"

A chill runs down my spine like lightning. I can't help but twitch in his hold.

"Diluc!" I gasp.

"But it's true! I would get rid of anyone who would get between you and I... Maybe they should be the first one. They have always just been in the way!" Diluc says, starting to tighten in grip on my body.

"D-DILUC! ST-STOP! YOU'RE-YOU'RE HURTING ME!" I yelp.

Suddenly, Diluc's body goes rigid. He slowly lets go of my body before placing his hands lightly on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean... to hurt you... I just love you. I love you... don't I?"

That question sounds more like a question to himself than to me.

"This feeling, it's love, right? Love is when you can't stop thinking about a person and would do anything for them. Yes... This is defiantly love. Love... What a wonderful emotion this is."

I can't help but look it terror as his eyes begin to swirl with an unknown madness. Before I realize it, my hand raises up to cup his cheek.

"Diluc?"

Diluc seems to snap out of his trance and looks up into my eyes. Slowly, but surly, tears from in the creases of his eyes.

...

...

...

..

.

"What's wrong with me?"