Twenty Nine

Warning:
Mature Themes
Not Intended for Younger Audiences

Diluc and I just sit in silence for a long, tense moment in time. I don't know how many minutes have passed or if any have passed at all. All I know is that this moment between us is unbearably long.

"D-Diluc, are-are you o-okay?" I whisper in a soft voice.

I can hear his breathing hitch a bit. A deep breath is drawn through his lips before sighing heavily.

"Yeah... I'm fine, my love... I'm perfectly fine."

A Lie.

A blatantly obvious LIE.

"A-Are you s-sure? I-If there's something you need to s-say... you can-can-can tell me."

Another lie.

"Yes... I know," says, not looking up to me.

Another moment of uncomfortable silence between us. The only sound resounding it the faint ticking of the clocks inside the house and the soft shuffling of servants.

"Now then," Diluc finally says, shaking off the tension, "are you finished with your meal? If so, we should clean you up. You do want to visit Mondstadt, right?"

My eyes widen in size and a breath escapes me.

"Y-You mean we're leaving t-to-today?!"

"I said that, didn't I?"

"No... You just said we could go... Y-You nev-never said when!" I could practically hear the desperation building up inside my stomach, trying to project itself into the air.

"Ah, I see... Well, we will be going today, but you will stay by my side the entire time. Do you understand?"

A sudden feeling of my floating spirit feels as through it was completely shot down by thousands of arrows. I can't help but lower my head.

"Yes. I u-understand..."

"What a good girl," he coos.

He crouches next to me, unchaining my ankle from the ground. He holds a strong grip against my arm, almost painfully though.

Just play the part of the fool, (Y/n), I know you can do it.

My eyes widen at the thought that runs through my head, how it wasn't my voice. This is a voice I've heard for only a few years of my life, but one that I will never forget its sound.

"I w-wi-will tr-try..." I softly whisper into the air.

"Try what?" Diluc asks, a darkened gaze shadows over his eyes.

"T-Try to b-be a g-good girl... beca-because I love you, D-Diluc."

His gaze immediately softens, a love-struck looks swirling in his fiery-blood red eyes.

"I love you too~" he sighs, lifting a hand to cradle my face.

He leans his face towards mine before pressing a delicate kiss against my lips. I feel a surge of bile build up in my stomach. I just swallow my pride and pressed softly into the kiss. Diluc quickly pulls away with a dreamy look glazing his eyes.

"I'm so happy that we're together~"

"I-I am t-t-too."

So many lies.

Lies that will unravel and the truth will be revealed.

Whether you like it or not.