Thirty

Warning:
Mature Themes

Not Intended for Younger Audiences

Diluc grabs my waist and brings it to his side, holding me in place like a sewn doll. He strokes his hands up and down my side, causing an uncontrollable shiver to run up my spine.

"Now, we should get you a nice dress to wear. Men's clothes don't fit a lady as pretty as you."

"Th-These are b-broth-brother's c-clothes... I want to-to wear th-them-them."

"Now, now. No fussing, my dear. I have a lovely dress for you, something tailored for you. I intended for you to wear it later, but now is a better time than any."

"T-Tailored? W-When did y-you-"

"Months ago. I wanted to get you a nice dress to wear after our wedding day."

My stomach sinks deep into my belly. We were supposed to have a wedding day sooner or later. I'm already apparently already married to this monster of a man due to my father and mother.

I used to envision a wedding day with Diluc when I was small. I was dressed in all white with frilly lace at the hem of my dress and sleeves. Diluc was dressed in a white too, lined with golden threading.

Now that dream was shattered. It shattered the moment Eula told me about Diluc hating me. I shattered again and again over the years I've known Diluc.

It rebuilt itself with Kaeya.

But even that dream soon shattered.

"That's... ver-r-ry kind of you-you, Diluc..." I whisper, trying to hide the stabbing pain that forces itself into my gullet.

"Of course. I only want the best for you. For us. I love you, you know."

A bitter taste lines my tongue.

"I love you, t-too."

I can hear Diluc audibly sigh, a dreamy type of sigh, one which only the most love struck can sigh. Diluc clings me tighter to his side, forcing our legs to walk with one another.

"Come, let's get you dressed! I'm sure you'll love it. You do want to show the world just how much we love each other, right? I certainly do."

"O-Of course, Di-Diluc..."

* * *

When I look in front of me, I notice something odd about the dress. How deep the red colour is. It a wine or bloody red. In the daylight, it seems to shift, like blood pooling along a marbled floor. Small seams and details are dressed in gold coloured threads that shimmer and twinkle in the shifting sun. The sleeves are around elbow length that are close to the body. The skirt travels all the way down to the ground with a looseness to it. Not puffy like some sort of party dress, but more of a Sunday dress that is meant for intimate purposes only.

"Do you like it?"

I open my mouth to respond, but nothing manages to escape my lips. I do like the dress, it's very beautiful and must have cost a lot of money, but the feeling this dress gives me is one of malice. This dress makes me feel as though the material of this dress is lined with blood as deep as its colour.

"Is it not to your liking?" Diluc asks, tilting his head to the side.

"N-No, no... It's... It's lovely."

Diluc visibly sighs in relief, as though a weight was lifted off his shoulders.

"I've very glad. Now, let me help you put it on~"

"Th-There's n-no n-need for-for that, D-Diluc."

"Why not? Is your husband not allowed to see your body?"

A fluster fills my being. I hate him. I hate him for the fact we're married without consent. I hate him for the fact he acts oblivious to my suffering. I hate him for the fact he... he is Diluc Ragnivndr, a man with near unlimited wealth and power.

"Yes."

Diluc pouts, lower lip jutted slightly forward to express his displeasure.

"Aw... Why not? It's not like you're going to be able to hide it forever."

Fluster. Just fluster. This man is infuriating.

"I just don't like my body..." I say, trying to find the best excuse I can.

"Well, I like your body."

"You're d-disgust-disgusting..." I mutter.

"What was that?"

I turn my head away. I don't wish to entertain more of his prodding questions.

"Just, p-please, le-let me d-dress mysel-myself."

Diluc lets out another huff before dropping his head.

"Fine. As you wish. But note this; I'll be right outside this door, and guards are stationed outside every window. You won't escape me, (Y/n)."