Fifteen

Warning:
Mature Themes
Not Intended for Younger Audiences

"Unfort-Unfortunate? Y-You make it sound as though this is m-my fault!" I reply back, unable to hold my tongue and anger back.

Diluc sits quietly in his chair. A deep sound of silence is deafening, hurting my head. Nothing but the sound of that damned clock. If I could, I would smash it into pieces.

But time never ceases

And neither does age

And neither does death

"Oh, (Y/n)~... It's both our faults~..."

"H-How in heaven's name is it m-my f-fault?!" I snap back, the anger and fear continuing to build in my stomach.

Why is he so calm? It's so scary how calm he is. He just sits in his chair, hands folded over one another, quietly breathing.

"It's your fault for seeing, for... snooping around my home without my knowledge. What were you doing in my house anyway?"

"Don't ch-change the subject."

A low, two-shot chuckle pops from his throat, sending fear through my system. How is he so calm? Why is he acting so unnaturally natural?

"Ha... I guess I was... But... It is your fault for trespassing and breaking into my home. Who gave you permission, huh? Was it one of the maids?"

"You're tr-trying to- trying- trying to change the subject ag-a-again."

"My my... You really are more clever than I thought."

"I heard you call me an idiot, and I won't stand for it," I quietly huff.

Three more chuckles pop from his throat. So calmly, as though he's having a chat with a fellow businessmen.

Diluc heaves a small sigh, almost dream like.

"I really do love you, my dear~ And I do have to admit that I am at fault and guilty of the crimes most foul in this current circumstance. But those words I said... I didn't really mean them, honest. I just..."

"Spoke without thinking?" I interupt.

Diluc just smiles, eyes shut.

"I guess, but I guess that still means I think truth of those words."

"You do. I heard you say them. No matter what y-you try t-t-to come up with, I know how y-you honestly feel about me."

Diluc lets out another dreamy sigh, tilting his head further to the side, almost leaning upon his shoulder.

"So clever. So so clever."

"You haven't answered your own statement, Master Ragnvindr."

Diluc's lips lightly pout.

"Ragnvindr? Why call me that?"

"That is o-of no concern to you. Now tell me, w-w-why were you sleeping wi-wi- sleeping with Master Gunnhildr? A-A-And how long has this been g-g-going on for?" I ask, my stuttering only angering me more.

"Gunnhildr..." he laughs to himself, "You truly don't like us, huh? Understandable, I guess... But... To answer your question, I did it out of selfishness."

"That's obvious."

"Ah-ah-ah- Let me explain. I did to out of selfishness to keep you pure~"

"Wha-"