Thirty Nine

Warning:

Warning:

Mature Themes

Not Intended for Younger Audiences

TRIGGER WARNING:

Suggestive Themes

Child Neglect

I couldn't help but sob uncontrollably. The sound of my sobs is all I can hear as the light of the sun slowly fills the room with gold. Why does fate hate me so much? Am I truly just a cursed child? Was I destined to live in misery for all eternity? What did I do to deserve this?

Diluc's arms still wrap around my body tightly, the heat of his skin still radiating off with the warmth of the bed. I try to ignore the man holding me, holding me here, here in this hell hole.

"(Y/n)... Why? Why did you do it?"

Keep your mouth shut. He doesn't deserve an answer.

"(Y/n)..." he lets out a moaned sob.

I just cry. I cry and cry and cry. I don't know how long I've been crying at this point. Minutes? Hours? Years? More closely to years, I would assume. I've always been a crybaby, bursting into tears at the smallest thing.

"Nobles don't cry."

My mother's words still haunt my mind. Every tear that seeps from my eye, every hiccup and gasp for breath.

"Nobles don't cry."

"Nobles don't cry."

"Nobles don't cry."

But I'm not a noble. I've never been one. No, I'm not a bastard child, I was just never considered to be anything. My parents love James. My parents are James' parents, not mine. I was never considered their child, just an extra, an emergency back up in case something happened. Unfortunately for me, something did happen.

After James died, I had to be acknowledged by the people who claim that they're my parents. But they're not. Parents love their children, hold them why they cry, heal them when they get hurt, sing them to sleep, play with them. They're supposed to love their children. They are not my parents.

"(Y/n), please don't cry, my love. I'm right here, I'll always be right here for you. I love you. I love you. I love you."

Diluc's words have a hollow feeling to them, like he's only saying them out of obligation, but they still have a weight to them, a weight that allows them to have an actual purpose in them, no matter how small that is.

"No you don't."

A slip of the tongue. How foolish of me to speak. A woman isn't meant to speak back to her husband, her partner, a man in general. That's another thing mother taught me. If I was ever to actually manage to marry a man, I was supposed to be an obedient doll.

But why should I listen to liars? They claim to be my parents, but they're lying straight to my face. They've never been my parents.

I should be allowed to speak my mind. Other's are allowed to. They allowed Jean Gunnhildr to speak back to me when we were nothing but small children. When I tried to retort, I was smacked.

Why should I listen to liars?

"What? What do you mean no? I love you!"

"I-It's not-not-not love."

"Yes it is."

I remain quiet. He's just delusional. He's gone insane. Something is wrong with his head.

Diluc snuggles his nose deep into the crook of my neck, his steaming breath sticking to my boiling skin. He breathes in my scent, taking in everything he can about me.

"You're so beautiful. But why? Why did you leave me?"

Why should I lie?

I'll become like them.

I'm not like them.

I'm better than them.

Aren't I?

"M-Moon..."

"Hmm?"

"I wan-wanted to s-ee the moon."

"The moon? Why look at it? You're far more beautiful than a stupid piece of rock."

"But-"

"You're so pretty. The most beautiful woman in the world. I love how pretty you are. You're far more beautiful and elegant than that bitch Jean. I wonder..."

"W-Wonder..."

"How you're face will look panting beneath me."

"Wh-What?!" I say, eyes wide with horror.

"I want to see sweat dripping down your skin. I want to hear you call out my name as you peak with pleasure. I want to fill you up with my love for you, littering your body with my teeth. I want... I want you to have my children, (Y/n)... Isn't that what a husband and wife are meant to do? I want it. I want it now."

"D-Diluc... Plea-Please!"

"But I'll wait. I'll always be patient for you. I'll be patient... won't I? I can hold myself back, right? Because I love you. Because I love you. Because I love you..."

Diluc presses wet kisses against the back of my head. I can feel hot tears dripping down my hair as he snuggles deeper into my body. I was so focused on his crying that I didn't even realize my own tears.