TWENTY ONE | NEW*

The sky was dark and the people are laughing outside

The sky was dark and the people are laughing outside. Brianna sat at her bed watching the people enjoy themselves. It was Halloween and everyone had their costumes.

Audrey kept asking her to join them and have fun but she politely declined it. It has been three months since Archer's death.

Her heartfelt cold and empty, no matter how joyous and loud her surroundings are, she felt bare and alone.

Her dull eyes watched Audrey as she rummages her closet for something to wear.

"Found it!" She exclaims and showed her black vest with a white lace dress. It was paired with a red cape. Brianna didn't know she had a costume in her closet.

"I told you I'm not coming, you can enjoy yourself without me." She sighs and averted her eyes. Audrey puts down the costume and sits beside her.

"Honey, you need to cheer up, you know that he won't like it when you're like this."

Brianna meets her eyes and she looks down on her lap.

"Really?"

"Yes. I think it's time for you to move on, you can't keep going on like this. I'm sure that he wants you to cheer up. I know you're strong, you're not alone we can get through this." She attempted to smile and squeezed her hands.

A tear fell on her cheeks and she wipes it away.

"Thanks. I really need that." She then hugs Audrey.

The door burst open and Ethan and Chase came in. They both saw the girls hugging each other.

"Am I interrupting something?" Ethan asked awkwardly.

Audrey grabs a pillow and chucks it on his head.

"Idiot." She rolls her eyes.

Ethan was wearing a pirate costume and Chase went for a cop.

"Come on, let's get you dolled up." She grabs the costume and placed it on the bed, before ushering the two bulky men out.

"Get out you two, my girl here needs a makeover." She pushed them at the door as both men laugh.

After closing the door, she cuffs and puts her hands on her waist.

"Okay, let's get started." She has a wicked grin on her face.

"Okay, I just need you to put this on." Audrey holds the costume and Brianna gratefully took it from her hands. She wiggled her body to the dress and puts on the black vest and the red cape.

"I knew it will suit you! Damn girl, you're stunning!" Audrey gushed and she blushed and mutter thanks.

"Okay, I need you to close your eyes and let me work my magic." She winks and Brianna complied, she grips the hem of her shirt as Audrey applied moisturizer on her face followed by primer so that her makeup will last longer. Then followed by foundation and the list goes on.