THiRTY TWO | NEW*

It must be around midnight and her stomach won't stop growling

It must be around midnight and her stomach won't stop growling. She was very tired and hungry, Brianna peered on the dark alley to check for her surroundings, her heart pounds painfully in her chest that she could feel it ringing in her ear.

She sluggishly rolled on her stomach and took a deep breath, her eyelids start to drop but she fought the urge to sleep.

"There's no way I'm sleeping on this alley!" But the thought is very tempting.

The lights flickered to life, and after the coffin-like darkness, Brianna blinked hard against the harsh dazzle. She'd say in the darkness perfectly still, trying to steel herself against what might come next. The phone's battery was empty and the pistol she was holding has only one bullet left.

How can she outrun them if she has limited resources? Her body was aching in all places, Brianna closed her eyes and started to think.

"What am I going to do now?" She muttered to herself.

The men in the suits voices can be heard in the dark alley, Brianna remained still on the ground, she was so tired of running, a lone tear escaped her eyes. She was losing her hope, how can she outrun three men with her situation?

As the footsteps were getting closer, one of the men's phone went off, he cleared his throat and answered it. Brianna leaned on the wall and strained her ears to listen to the call.

"Yes. We're on our way." He answered in a rush. She wondered what is it that made him anxious. But his next word cleared all the questions in her head.

"Let's get going, The HQ is under attack. We need to get back fast."

It must be Archie and the others. She thought.

"But what about the girl? The boss ordered us to capture her."

The other man said. A chill run down her spine. She hugged her arms and scooted tried to move but before she can react, she stepped on a bottle it made a loud crunch in a silent alley.

The hushed whispers stopped and the three of them both look where she is hiding. Her heart dropped when she locked eyes with one of them.

"There she is!" One of the men points at her. Brianna pulled herself up and made a mad dash away from them.

"What are you two standing there? Go get the girl!" The leader barks angrily, the one who was shot on the knee limps his way eyes burning with rage.

Brianna runs like a madman, she didn't look back in fear that they might catch her. Even if her body is tired and her stomach is growling she pumped her legs faster as she could. Tears blurred her vision as she pants and catching her breath.

"I had to try and get out of here. I can't let them catch me. Oh, God." She covered her mouth while crying.

She didn't see a small rock on her way and she tripped on it causing her to fall on her knees. She landed on the ground with a loud thump. Pain sparkled like a spinning firecracker on her body. She tried to stand up but she shrieks in pain as she clutched her left ankle.