TWENTY FOUR | NEW*

A few hours before

A few hours before

Audrey and Ethan both met on their vacated seats and saw Chase talking with the same girl with caramel skin. She has pretty big brown eyes, Audrey looks at her for a moment and nudges Ethan to let them be. He gave her a cheeky smirk and they both went to get some drinks.

As if realization kicks in, Audrey then remembered Brianna.

When was the last time she saw her? She began to think and wonder where she could be. She was with her earlier and dancing, her heart sped up thinking about the dangers and the possibilities. Her frantic eyes met with Ethan. Her hands began to tremble so she took a large gulp of her drink and sets it down.

"You seem to be troubled what's bothering you?" Ethan asked quizzically.

Audrey contemplated if she wants to tell Ethan or not, she knew that it was her fault. She left Brianna on the dance floor to fetch some drink, Brianna smiled at her and ushers her to fetch some drink.

The night was still young so Audrey complied and went to gather their drinks. Audrey closed her eyes and grips her skirt, scared to look at the questioning eyes of Ethan. She knew that he will be mad, she did fuck up big time.

Ethan sensed something is off and began to survey the crowd. The music is thumping and the bass vibrated the walls, in the sea of people he can make out a familiar blonde in the crowd. He blinks his eyes for a second but it was gone.

He then turned his eyes on Audrey who squirmed under his heated gaze. He crossed his arms, the muscles on his arms bulging in the process.

"Well? Care to explain why you seem so jittery?"

Audrey averted her eyes and looks down on her lap.

"I'm sorry Ethan, please don't get mad-I didn't mean to-!"

"Let's just cut the chase and tell me what the fuck is wrong! Where is she?"

Her heart sank. So he knows! Sweat beaded on her forehead.

"It's about Brianna, I-I don't know where she is. I just left her there on the dance floor with someone else. She told me to get her some drink so I left."

Ethan listened carefully as he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

She was vulnerable, it was supposed to be her day but now she was nowhere to find. What would Archer tell them if he finds out that they had lost her?

Ethan almost rolled his eyes but when he turned his head, he saw Brianna dancing. Audrey followed his gaze.

"I think I saw her, come on." They began to shove all the sweaty bodies on their way, Audrey hot on his tail.