EiGHTEEN | OLD*

Archer

"Ethan Woods?"

"I thought you're dead," Archer asked shocked.

"I thought so too, but here I am. I'm alive and still kicking."

Audrey crossed her arms.

"Wow, you changed so much. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you earlier."

"So what's up? I heard they buried you." Ethan winced.

"It's not me, my family knew that the Fosters are behind this so they made it look like I'm dying to get them off behind my back." He simply shrugged.

Hmm, brilliant. So why did you come back for?"

"I'm here for revenge. I know that y'all planning to get Brianna back."

"How did you know?" Audrey asked bewildered.

"It doesn't matter, but I came here for the exact reason, and to let them pay for what they did to my brother Miles."

The room filled with thick tension, I surveyed the surroundings for any people and ushered Ethan inside.

"Come on, we have a lot to talk about."

After closing the door, both me and Audrey faced him.

"It's been like a half year since they declared that you're dead," I say as I watch his expression.

I saw it through the news, Audrey leaned on the wall and crossed her arms. A gun tucked in her waistband.

"I know, it took me half a year to recover from injuries and the damaged they did."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you." Audrey sympathizes.

"Don't be, I know we're not that close but I appreciated it." He gave her a genuine smile.

"I met Brianna there, she was so kind and full of spirit but not until the twins take interest in her." His expression turned to sour.

That piqued my interest as I listened. Who knew that my baby knew the freaks.

"For months, we grew closer. But the twins detest me for it. I can see the jealousy in their eyes. As I heard they've been vying for her attention and then suddenly, a newly transferred student came into the picture and snatched her attention.

I was so naive back then, I didn't know who they were. What their real motive is.

Many students warned me not to get close with her, but how could I? She was fun to be with. Despite the warnings, I Ignored all of them. She was such a nice girl, with her I don't need to pretend who am I. I guess we just clicked you know." He laughs.

But his expression turned to sour.

"Until one day, they told me that Brianna needs my help, that she was being bullied by Tara and her minions."

What the hell, I didn't know about this.

I was worried, afraid that they might hurt her, so I followed them. Not knowing that they'd planned for my demise.