THiRTY ONE | NEW*

Loud footsteps thundering on the cold hard ground. Brianna's heart skipped a beat in fear that they might catch her. Her legs feel sore and her lungs were aching and burning, she wanted to rest so bad. She was exhausted and it must have been hours since she was running nonstop.

Clothes are covered with dirt and mud, her hair was in a tangled mess, but she didn't care. She didn't care even if she might look like a hobbo in someone else's eyes, all she wants was to survive the night.

The alley looks creepy and scary now that it's getting dark, beads of sweat formed on her forehead and she wipes it hurriedly, she leaned on the wall and heaves a sigh.

The faint voices jolted her awake and she opened her tired eyes. Loud footsteps and barks of orders resonate on the damp wall. Brianna peered on the small crack and saw the three men in the suits frantically searching for her. She held the pistol in her hands and clutch it for dear life, if ever she didn't make it alive she will die fighting.

Cold sweat trickled on her neck soaking her shirt, the shirt that she was wearing clung to her body like a second skin. Her body feels heavy and all of her muscles were screaming for a break. Her mind drifted to Archer if only she listened to him then maybe this would've happened, maybe she will still sitting and watching with Audrey in the living room laughing at whatever joke she said, she just wants to curl up in her bed and sleep. It brought her almost to tears but she quickly wipes it away, no way she would back down now.

She did this to herself, no more running away. She had to fight. With the newly found strength, Brianna slowly stands up and puts her hands on the wall for support. She began to think of a plan to distract them. She began to look for anything that she can use to distract them so she can buy some time to escape until her eyes landed on a small rock accompanied by a large piece of wood then her grin widens.

"This will do."

It was getting dark now, the air was chilly and it didn't help that she was only wearing her shirt, Brianna shivered, her teeth chattering from the cold. She rubs her hands and hugs herself providing little warmth on her body, she was started by a loud crash and heard the voices of men calling out her name.

"I know you're in there, just give it up and come out! Even if you make it out here you can't survive the night in this weather! Please come out and I promise we will not hurt you!

Don't be hard on yourself. I know you're feeling cold. Just come with us."

It might be tempting but it still didn't convince her.

"No way in hell. As if I will fall on their plan. Do they think I'm stupid? I can see what they are up to." She thought to herself and rolled her eyes.

She grabs the rock and threw it on the opposite side, the leader which she assumes signals his hands to go to where she threw the rock. Now the two other men are gone that leaves the leader. She knew that he is tired too, judging by his ragged breathing and sweaty face. It was the perfect chance to strike.

She slowly walks from her hiding spot with the wood in her hand, she has to move fast before the others went back. She fastens her pace with the goal in mind, hands in the air holding the wood, she could taste the freedom in her tongue she can't help but smirk. Before the man can react she swing the wood and hits him on the head knocking him out. As his body fell limp on the ground, and the wood fell in her hands, she heard the footsteps heading where she is, Brianna grabs his phone in his pocket, and without looking back, she took a mad dash to the other side of the alley.

Hours ticked by, her legs gave up and her stomach grumbled. She couldn't remember when was the last time she ate. Just the thought of food made her stomach lurched ferociously. With shaky legs, she collapses on the ground chest heaving, and looked into the sky. She willed her fingers to move and dialed Audrey's number.