TWENTY SIX | NEW*

Brianna tiptoed and slowly peek at her window, James penthouse was close to the woods

Brianna tiptoed and slowly peek at her window, James penthouse was close to the woods. She looked down to the guards that were patrolling downstairs, guns in their hands. There were cameras everywhere, and alarm systems in every corner of the house.

They were too many, now can I get past them?

Besides, the place is very secluded if I may say. I don't know where we are.

Sweat dripped on the side of her head as she eyed her door. Her heart thumps when she remembers what James said earlier that he will punish her later.

The door burst open and he saw James striding towards her, he was radiating with dominance and his eyes were focused on her.

What's with him?

For a moment, she felt paralyzed and frozen on her spot. His intense gaze made her squirm. As he drew closer, her hands began to tremble, she didn't know what's going on in his crazy mind. Her breath hitched on her throat when he snaked his tatted arms on her waist pulling her flush on his chest. Her hands landed on his pecs as she gazed at him through her thick lashes.

"What's wrong James? Did I do something?" He shook his head and buried his face in her hair. Her eyes dart to the vase that was placed near them, she wants to get it and bash it on his head. She blinked back again, this was not her how can she think about hurting someone? She was not this vicious.

But they killed him.

She wasn't sure but she had a gut feeling that they were both responsible for Archer's death.

The need to escape from this wretched place was clawing on her skin. She closed her eyes tightly and willed herself not to do something rash that she might regret later.

Instead, she reached his face and caressed his face. Fighting the urge to vomit from the bile that was racing, she swallowed the lump in her throat and sighed.

If she wants her plan to work she had to be careful, she knew that he was being suspicious of her actions. Silently crossing her fingers behind his back, she forced herself to calm her beating heart. It was a mistake for kissing him that night and look what happened?

He was a hypocrite, she internally scoffed. James gaze fell on her lips then to her eyes, by now, his hands were clasped below her waist.

"I'm not sorry for my actions, because I'm just doing what's right. I know you detested me for forcing myself on you but I can't help it."

"Why did it have to be like this? You know that we can talk about this right?"

James closed his eyes and hugs her tightly, Brianna just wants to run from the hills away from him instead, she leaned on his chest and sighed.

"I'm sorry baby, but there's no going back now. I did what I have to do, I chose you over my brother—"

One minute they were hugging then next they both on the ground.