SEV7NTEEN | OLD*

The sky was painted with a hue of blue and white, there was a little girl with red curly hair crying. Her rosy chubby cheeks were glistening with tears.

"You're mother didn't love you because your ugly so she left!"

Said the little girl with brown hair, the girl cried and clutched her white dress.

"No! It's not true! My mommy loved me! You're lying!"

Maybe it's true that she was not needed, she felt her hands trembling and her forehead was damp with perspiration. She felt angry at the same time. God, why did they do this to her? Why couldn't they have her alone and manage for themselves?

Soon the clear blue sky weeps and the kids that were bullying her ran off. Brianna was left in the rain as her tears poured out.

It was not her fault that she died! She was a hero. She exchanged her life for her. Her mother was a well-known Actress before they lived in a luxury but things went downhill when a man broke their house and asked for money. Her mother Aria begged for the man to spare their lives and take all the money he needs.

Brianna was five at that time, her gold necklace glints under the moonlight which catches the man's eyes.

"Hey give that necklace!"

Brianna clutches the necklace and hides at the back of her mother.

"No!"

"Fucking brat, I said give it to me!" The man tried to grab Brianna but her mother holds the man in her arms.

"Honey run!"

The color drained on her face, she couldn't leave her mommy behind.

"No, mommy I won't leave you!" Tears poured into her green eyes as she watched her mother put a fight with the burglar.

"Run, and find your dad!"

She wipes her tears and with shaky legs, she starts to run.

"Run baby and don't look back!"

It was dark that time, Brianna leaned on the wall catching her breath.

A loud gunshot followed.

"Mommy?" She sniffs.

---

The day of the burial came to Brianna and her dad was standing in front of her grave.

"I'm sorry mommy I couldn't protect you."

Her Father balled his fists in his sides and turned to look at her with hatred in his eyes.

"So it was your fault! I knew it from the start, because of you your mother died! God! I wish that you're the one lying in there instead of hers!"

With that, he left.

"It wasn't my fault.."

--

The colors blurred and the face of her father appeared, he was heavily drinking. Little Brianna stands at the door holding her favorite teddy bear.

"Daddy, I think you should stop drinking. Mom said that it was dangerous to your health..."

At the mention of her mother, his eyes cloud with anger.

"Shut the fuck up!" She flinched and hides. Her father threw the bottle in the wall and threw everything his hands could hold into.

"Damn it! Why Elena why do you give to die! What about me?" He cried as he slumps on the ground.

"I'm sorry daddy..."

"Don't call me dad! I'm not your daddy! Go away!" He roughly pushed her and she fell on her butt.