𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐴 𝑠𝑎𝑓𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒

Emily's POV

It feels like we have been driving for hours, Jax wont tell me where we are going which is concerning. I Looked out the window at the country roads and miles of fields filled with wild flowers, it's beautiful.

"We are nearly there" Jax says and I turn to see him looking at me smiling.

"And where is there?" I ask and he laughs knowing I'm dying to know where we are going.

"Fine, a cabin I own ...I brought it years ago and spent most of my time there when I could" he explains. I never knew he had a cabin.

"Does declan know?"

"No nobody does I kept it a secret place that I could go to, a safe place" he tells me and it warms my heart that he is sharing it with me.

I look out the window and see a cabin in the distance with a lake one side and fields and tree's surrounding it. There is nothing around it for miles and I love that. No problems or responsibilities , nothing .We pull up next to the cabin and he laughs at my reaction.

"It's beautiful" I say and he shakes his head getting out.

"Im glad you like it "I hear him say as he opens the boot,

"Jesus em how much did you pack I said one bag" he laughs and I turn to see him holding my 3 bags full of clothes and essentials. I didn't know where or how long we were going for.

"Its stuff I need" I laugh taking a bag off him and following him into the cabin.

I look around at the little furnished cabin. A fire and a sofa with a small coffee table and paintings fill the main room.

"Its not much" he begins to say

"No I love it , It's cute" I interrupt him and he walks through to another room which has a big double bed in with a wardrobe and huge mirror hung on the wall.

"I'm going to get some wood for the fire you ok unpacking?" he asks

"yes I'm fine" I say and he leans down and pecks my lips softly before walking out.

I open up the wardrobe and its only got shirts hung up which makes me laugh. I unpack my clothes hanging up my tops and dresses. I did over pack just a little.

Once I've unpacked everything I go and look around the cabin.so this is his escape. I walk into a room at the other end of the cabin and its full of paintings. some finished some not. He paints?

I walked further into the open room with the smell off paint and charcoal filling the room. Painting's hung up and stacked against the walls.

Everyone one full of colour and emotion. There was such depth and story to each one. I looked at one which wasn't yet finished which stood on the easel by the window. I ran my fingers along the outline of charcoal on the canvas.

"It's not done" Jax's voice spoke making me jump,I turn and see him standing there.

"did you paint all of these?" I ask looking around the room at all the paintings.

"yes I did" he replies as he leans on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"why haven't you finished this one?"

"Every painting takes time every stroke of the paint brush and outline is emotion and story" he explains and I look back at the painting.

"I think it will look beautiful when it's done"

"what are you doing in here?" he asks and I look around the room and shrug my shoulders.

"I wanted to look around the place you called your safe place"