𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲 - 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.

* Flashback *

𝐄𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕  .

No one will touch you like that and get away with it.
I couldn't decide why they felt like a promise. He moved closer to me resting his head on mine and I froze. Was he going to kiss me? I moved my eyes from his trying to avoid whatever this sudden feeling was.

But there was nothing about him that made me want to push him away. None of the revulsion I expected to feel that someone would invade my space . Just an odd sense of belonging as I turned my face back to his to find his eyes open and watching me. He pulled his forehead away from mine, titling his head as he watched me.

"I've been thinking about you" he murmured as he ran his fingers over my palm , staring down at it as if he needs to memorise all the lines.

"I missed you" I said glancing up at him.

I wanted to ask him so many questions as to why he left and why he didn't explain things to me first but the moment the front door slammed he moved from me turning away as he ran a hand over his face.

"Emily!" Declan's voice shouted out before he strolled into the kitchen.

"You called me ? Everything okay?"  I stared over at Jax as he turned around and Declan went wide eyed as if he didn't know he was going to be here either.

"Jaxon? when did you get back"
"just now that's why Em was calling you"
He looked over at me with darkening eyes as Declan nodded.

His eyes didn't move from me as he shoved his hands into his pockets. "Emily the banquets later ,dad will expect you there and we leave in an hour" Declan didn't directly say it but he was telling me to get out. Oh how lucky i am to have such a kind and politeful big brother.

I gave Jax one last look before i walked out. i heard them laugh about something and i rolled my eyes. I know Declan had missed Jax he didn't say it but he didn't have to. He walked around like a lost puppy and he had no one to go drinking with or go off and cause havoc with when he wasn't around.

i was given the impression that Jax leaving was a permanent thing. So why was he back/

Jaxon's POV

"She's still annoying , trust me" Declan huffed after em left the room.

As soon as I saw her it was like I could breathe again. I had thought about every detail about her when I was away. It was almost like how I tried to remember my mother.

I would paint her to try and remember what she looked like. I only had my thoughts and it was so difficult to remember her voice now.

I had that same feeling with em. This urge to remember every inch of her. I think she noticed when I held her hand in mine taking every detail of her in.

"Banquet ?" I asked Declan as he leaned back against the counter. I knew what they were and I knew how messy they got I've been to a fair share myself. Not the best place for em to be at all.

"Yeah business arrangements and dad thinks it's good we make a regular appearance" I understand Declan being there , he would take over from his father eventually but em?

She has no place there. Unless.

He wants her to catch the eye of people. Certain mafia dons. Classic Dean.

"Sounds fun" I shrug and he pours himself a drink before offering me. I shake my head.

"You haven't gone all soft have you?" He smirks trying to wind me up.