𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱 - His home.

The morning sun lay across my face as I stretched my arm out to the cold side of the bed where Jax had been.

I sat up , wrapping the covers around me seeing no sign of him. I didn't expect him to rush off early without me especially in a house with his family that I barely know.

I put on some clothes and made myself presentable before I went looking for him and found myself looking out the window at a city which was nothing like home. Jax's words echo in my mind, his talk of me being a queen to him and this place but right now I couldn't see it.

The place was quiet and very big. It was beautiful inside and full of colour. I walked into the kitchen and Andrea sat sipping from her cup and reading a newspaper.

"Buongiorno Emily" she greeted as she put down her newspaper and grabbed me a cup and started to pour coffee into it.

"Thank you and good morning... have you seen Jax around?" I asked.

"Oh yes he went out with your uncle about an hour or so ago I'm sure they will be back soon"

I sipped my coffee and nodded. I didn't know a lot about Andrea Jax has never spoke of her and she even knew my mother but I don't know her isn't the slightest.

"It must be overwhelming" she said pouring herself more coffee. I frowned not knowing what she meant. "Overwhelming?"

"Oh yes you know all this change. Jaxon finally moving back permanently and taking over. Hid uncle has been pushing him for years. I just don't think he was ready" the more she explained the more confused I got. Jax had said nothing about permanent and definitely didn't say anything about business or taking over anything.

"I didn't think it was something Jaxon wanted so yeah it's been overwhelming" I shrugged.

"He knew the day would come eventually and Jax was just buying himself time I think."

"That boy has mafia blood running through him he could never walk away" she added and my heart felt like it stopped.

A sudden bang made me snap back into reality and voices echoed before Jax and his uncle came strolling into the kitchen.

"Good morning ladies" his uncle greeted reaching for the coffee himself.
Jax wrapped his arms around me from behind and leaned down to kiss my cheek I smiled at his gesture but I know he sensed I was off.

"'Em you okay?" He asked teaching his hand under my chin to lift my head up slightly. I looked up at him and gave him a quick smile and nod before I took another sip of my coffee.

I don't know why I thought we could ever escape this life. I thought us moving away from my father was apart of a solution for us but now I feel as if I'm no better off with him.

Jax taking over any mafia means his life will always be on the line and that he can appear weak and loving someone is weak in the eyes of the mafia.

Our love would die before it ever had a chance to blossom.

Jaxon

My uncle had took me out to his warehouse to discuss what he had been doing and of course speak of my soon to be duties. I had plans. Plans which right now em wouldn't understand. I had to protect her.

There is so much she doesn't know.

Phone call :

Unknown: "So what exactly shall I do about the bounty on your head?"

Jax : "For now nothing there is nothing that will stop him from coming after me, he knows if he gets me he gets Emily"

Unknown: "It's only a matter of time Jax. Don't be so stupid about this. If you sign them papers there's no going back. You'll be signing her death too"

Jax: "Just get me the papers"

*Ends phone*

"What papers?" A voice speaks and a chill runs up my spine.Em.

I turn and see her stood in the doorway with a frown spread across her beautiful face. "Just work papers" I lie.

I try and shrug it off and turn to the bathroom mirror to put on my tie. "Work papers?" She questions and I can tell by her tone she can see right through my lie. How much did she hear?

"Yes work papers"

"Work papers or a contract to sign yourself into the mafia?" She comes straight out with it as she moves to stand directly in front of me.

"Em-"

"Don't. Don't lie to me don't hide it from me because it's the worse thing you can do right now" she turns walking away as if she can't stand the sight of me and I have myself reaching for her instantly.

"Em please, it's not so simple"I plead as I grab her arm holding her not too tightly but enough to get her attention. She looks at me with pure disappointment and for a second I regret hiding anything. But it's for her protection.

"Not that simple? Do we not know each other at all? Have we not spent years of our lives together? How many times have we had these conversations growing up that what we were born into is something we will always run from" she almost screams at me.

"Do you think I don't want to run from this?" I asked her and her blank expression stared back at me.
"I've thought over and over of all the ways I can run from this and every way ends badly , can't you see that?!" I shout, clenching my fists at my side waiting for her to say something back. Some sassy response.

"You have to try" her eyes start to water and I can't help but look away. I don know how I forget. Forget how much being in the mafia has hurt her. She hasn't ever had it easy but her not being in the mafia isn't going to help her either.

"I have tried and I will always try to get you away from this" I wiped her tears with the pads of my fingers and she meant into my palm. I pulled her closer placing a hand on either side of her face. She looked up at me and I felt my heart almost rip out of my chest.

"It's too dangerous, I could loose you" she cries.

I leant closet kissing the top of her head. "This way we will be safe , I can keep you safe this way"

"Okay" was all she said as I brought her to my chest.

She might not understand it now but she will. She will understand that I'm just trying to protect her. Her father is a dangerous man full of hatred and greed he knows Emily is of value and will stop at anything to have her.

This contract stops him from doing just that.

A/N

Not the longest chapter but the next one is long. I have wrote most of beneath now but I couldn't decide on two endings which I had written. But I can say I finally have my ending for Emily and Jaxon.