𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱 - 𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟

Emily's POV

Light trickled in at the edges of my vision as I pried my eyes open. Weight rested over my waist, and the warmth of a naked chest pressed against my spine.I turned under the arm, rolling my back and staring up at Jax's handsome face.

In sleep, his expression was oddly peaceful. Like the lines on his face that marked him as a decadent and dangerous sin smoothed away and turned him into a man.His chest rose and fell with the deep breaths and he groaned as he pressed me closer to him. The steel of his erection touched my thigh, making me acutely aware of the distinct soreness between my legs after the night before.

He was different last night. All though I've known him my whole life and feel like I know him inside and out it's almost as if I'm still discovering more of him. I know a lot changed about him during those years he left and I can't help but think what he went through during those years.

Ever since Mikhail took me he's been different with me I can feel it.

I slipped out of bed and adjusted the covers, hoping he wouldn't notice me missing. I grabbed my robe from the back of the door and a clean towel and tip tied into the bathroom.

I couldn't help but think about this 'thing' Jax was supposed to tell me. Was it bad? Was he with someone?

Turning the shower on I stepped under the water before it had time to get hot . The cold spray Jarred me out of my pettiness.

Jaxon's POV

I stretched my arm out reaching for her but was only met with the cold sheets where she had lay. I could hear the distant sound of the shower running and kicked myself for not waking up sooner so I could be in there with her.

Last night was different. Fuck she was amazing.

I allowed myself to take over, something I never wanted to do with her. But I know she enjoyed every second and so did I.

I reached over and picked up my phone of the bedside table and seen the several missed calls from my uncle.

Great.

I'm supposed to be seeing him today I'm signing the contract to take over. I've been putting it off because I know I will have to tell em and I don't think I can do that.

Especially after everything with Mikhail.

I hadn't told her that either.

I hadn't told her that I'd had most of my men out hunting Mikhail since the moment he ran. I'll make him pay one way or another.

She doesn't talk about it but I know he broke her. Something which I prayed everyday he wouldn't do but he did. I can see behind her smile the distant memory of pain which resurfaces now and then.

I wish I could take it all back.

Take all that away for her.

I put on my boxers and some slacks and walk downstairs to make coffee. It was early but I know Thomas will be up he always is.

"Morning"

Speak of the devil.

"Morning" I utter back grabbing the coffee pot and a cup.

"Sleep well?" He asks.

"Uhhh...yeah" I respond even thought I didn't have much time for sleeping.

"I didn't.... Too much noise" he says and I look up at him as he sits there smirking into his cup.

He's referring to me and Emily isn't he?

"I didn't put Emily down as a screamer"  yes he is.

He really does know how to wind a guy up.