picking alfie up

A/N : MORE ALFIE YAYYYYYY i'm so excited for this. and to the person who said they have mixed feelings towards kids... honestly kinda same atm, sometimes i love it hate them but idk.

———————————

Y/N'S POV
this morning i dropped alfie off at pre-school and normally i'm the one picking him up too. ever since he started going to pre-school, louis has been busy with filming so he hasn't been able to pick him up yet.

today was finally the day louis was able to come with me to pick up our baby boy. i knew alfie would just be so excited to see him.

me and louis got in the car, him in the drivers seat. "i feel kinda nervous i'm not sure why" louis laughed. "it's fine he's gonna be so happy to see you babe" i gave him a kiss whilst putting my seatbelt on. we set off on our way to alfie's pre-school listening and singing to some harry styles on the way (a/n : as they should).

we finally pulled up to the car park to collect alfie and both got out the car, waiting outside his class door. the teacher opened the door to let the kids out to their parents and of course alfie was one of the last ones out. he was one of those kids, he got tired towards the end of the day bless him. but as soon as he saw louis his face lit up, he smiled the biggest smile i've ever seen. he ran over to louis, "daddy!" he squealed in excitement. honestly what i was seeing right now almost brought tears to my eyes, it was just so precious.

louis picked him up saying, "hey little one, excited to see me?".
"yes yes yes yes" alfie repeated.

the three of us walked back to the car, me putting alfie in the back seat. "alf, wanna go to the park?" i asked him. "yes please!" he seemed so happy. 3 years old and more polite than some adults i know, i've done my job right so far.

as soon as we got to the park, i opened the back door for alfie to get out and he ran straight to the swings, "daddy can you push me pleaseeee?" he said dragging out the please. "of course i can bud" louis chased alfie to the swings causing alfie to laugh his head off, he had louis' cute little laugh that i always loved when we were younger and still do now.

i walked behind, following them into the park. they were already having so much fun, it brought a smile to my face as i watched them together. "mummy" i heard.
"yes baby?" i replied. "can you come on to the slide?" alfie asked.
"i'm on my way" i exclaimed.

we spent a while playing in the park until it started to get a bit colder, "let's go and grab some food on the way home" louis said to me, "there's a mcdonalds not far from here" i suggested. "your wish is my command my love" he said kissing my forehead.

i beckoned alfie to come to the car, he refused until i told him there was food involved. we got to the mcdonald's drive thru, i ordered {whatever you wanna order}, louis got a quarter pounder meal and we got alfie a chicken nugget happy meal. we rarely got food like this so today was really a treat for my little boy.

we ate in the car as it started to rain, the splats on the windscreen and glass roof were calming and made alfie fall asleep after he had eaten. louis drove home and we just chatted about everything and nothing, it felt like the old days when we he would drop me home after a date.

louis pulled into the driveway and picked our sleeping son up and carried him to the living room. it was still relatively early so we would wake him up shortly. i didn't want him waking up early in the morning so i would let him stay up a bit later to finish off his treat day.

i sat next to where alfie was led asleep on the sofa and started to play with his soft thin hair to wake him up gently.

time went by as we all snuggled on the sofa watching some paw patrol for alfie, louis got quite into it though i must say (a/n : paw patrol is amazing don't even). we took alfie to bed, read him a story and went back downstairs. we just had a chilled rest of the night, both me and louis falling asleep in each other's embrace on the sofa.

—————————

A/N : *doesn't know how to end it again*