Chapter 2

You pouted to yourself as you continue to eye the cakes and breads through the window.

Your eyes landed on the basket of muffins then on the multi-layered wedding cakes.

You heard a bell ring from you left.

"Excuse me?"

You turned around. A man around his fifties was staring down at you, his old blue apron dusted with flour and crumbs of bread.

"If you're just gonna stare out here, please do it quickly, your making a ridiculous show to my costumers," he smiled as he scratched his goatee.

"Oh I'm sorry," you bowed, "But at least they have a pretty view," You smiled at him, putting your hands under you chin.

The old man chuckled, his huge tummy bouncing slightly, his eyes crinkled with amusement.

"Come in, darling," he opened the door more widely.

You quickly took a quick look of the bakery outside, it's walls painted bright pink and the windows giving a good view of the bakery goods that can make pedestrians drool as they pass by. It gave a whole aesthetic vibe.

You walked in with the man and saw that quite a number of people dotted around the bakery. For such a place with a couple of people, the only noise heard was the crunch of the breads, clinking of the cups, clicks of the keyboards of their laptops and the heavenly noises from the kitchen.

The floor was wooden and couple of tables and seats were dotted around the bakery.

"What's your order, dear?" The old man asked as he waddled behind the counter, wiping his flour covered hands on his apron. You walked over to the counter, looking up at the menu.

"What's your specialty?"

"Shortcakes,"

Your eyes sparkled.

"Oooooh," You clapped your hands. "What are the flavors?"

"There's plain one and then there's blueberry, strawberry, ban-"

"Strawberry!" You repeated. "Can I have one of those please?"

The old man chuckled, his huge tummy rumbling while he laughed, he almost resembled like Santa Claus.

"Ofcourse dear," He smiled at you and you kindly returned it back. His huge hands flew over the tablet and then opened the cashier, he took your payment and gave you your change. Since the hospitality here is 101/100, you put your change in the tip.

"You can sit anywhere,"

You nodded and sat on one of the near the window at the far corner of the shop. It has more privacy and instead of wooden chairs, they used those aesthetic brownish-red bench cushion.

You plopped yourself in the cushion and sighed.

No homeworks.

No tests.

No annoying classmates.

No booger-picking classmates.

No talkative teachers.

No school-related stuff.

Just you, yourself and also you.

Not a minute later, the old man came back again, holding a small plate with your order with both of his hands.

"Strawberry shortcake for ma'am," He placed the plate in front of you, as well as the spoon and fork.

"Thank you," You smiled at him, he left you as you stared down at your strawberry shortcake drizzled with strawberry syrup.

You sliced it and put it in your mouth, the taste was heavenly good as it slightly melts in with your saliva, it was enough for you to moan out it in delight.

It was the best strawberry shortcake ever.

____________________________

I'm hungrier than ever. . .😃👍

Popcorn? 🤲🏻🍿

____________________________