Chapter 16

You slowly rose out of your bed, like a dead corpse coming to life.

Rubbing your eyes, you squinted at the clock.

10:36 am.

"Oh my gosh," You mumbled, closing your eyes. "It's so early,"

You dropped back on your bed about to drift of to sleep when the door banged open, making your soul come out and rise to Heaven.

"What—?"

Your Uncle angrily pulled your quilt and slapped his slipper on your butt.

"Ahh— Uncle! What the heck?"

"What the heck?!" Ukai placed his hands on his hips. "We have a visitor!"

"So?"

You don't give a fuck on who visits your house, they do what they want and you'll do what you want.

"It's Tsukishima!"

But not right now.

Immediately, you jumped out of your bed and went downstairs, your eyes widened when you saw Tsukishima sitting there patiently on the couch.

Just like an angel.

But he's actually a demon in disguise.

"What are you doing here?" You growled, voice like a vacuum cleaner from sleeping so long.

"Woah, your voice sounds deep. Are you trying to impersonate Corpse?" Tsukishima snickered.

You hit your hand across his head, making him groan in pain.

"I'm asking a simple question, Tsukishima," you said, voice now clear after clearing your throat. "And your answering me with a stupid answer,"

"Oh shut up," he gritted out. "I'm just here to pick you up,"

"Pick me up?"

"I thought we're going to the bakery to assist that new employee,"

Your eyes slowly widened as the realization hits you.

"Oh shit,"

†  †  †

"I'm sorry we're late!" You immediately bowed as you went in the kitchens.

Mr. Lee stopped talking to a person and looked up to you smiling.

"Y/N, Tsukishima,"

"We apologize for not keeping track of time. Y/N-chan overslept," Tsukishima said bowing.

You glared at the blonde before smiling sweetly at Mr. Lee.

"Is this the new employee, Mr. Lee?" Your eyes landed on the person Mr. Lee was talking to before.

The boy turned around and smiled. His silly over-sized glasses were plopped on his nose and were slightly askew. His oversized sweater covered his hands and he smiled at you, brown eyes sparkling.

"Ohayo," He bowed at you and Tsukishima, voice very deep and soothing. He stood up straight again, his wavy black curls bouncing slightly.

"Holy shit, you're so adorab—"

Tsukishima placed his large hand on your face, making you stumble back.

"I'm sorry about her, she's sometimes too much to handle,"

You removed Tsukishima's hand away from your face, unfazed by the stunt he pulled.

"What's your name?" You asked, smiling widely.

"My name is Shio Haruto," He smiled, raising a hand to shake his black bangs away.

"Shio-san. . . You know that means 'Salt'," You mumbled.

You look over to Tsukishima.

"Wow, there are lots of people like you," Tsukishima fought the urge to throw you in the oven.

"I hope you can help him," Mr. Lee smiled at the three of you. "And I have to warn that Ship can be really mean despite his innocent looks,"

Your eyes sparkled.

Mean boy? Yes.

You can fix him and probably have the enemies to lovers relationship you wanted.

Or maybe friends to lovers?

Either way, you'll get his heart.

You're such a simp.

†  †  †

Another round of laughter rang in his ears.

Do they ever stop laughing?

Tsukishima clicked his tounge, leaning on the counter as he watch Shio and you playfully sprinkle flour at each other.

"OI!" Tsukishima boomed and the two of you turned to the salty man. "Stop will you?"

Shio raised his eyebrows, a small smirk playing on his lips playfully.

"Oh?" He chuckled. "Why don't you join us instead of standing there and being jealous?"

You wheezed, doubling over as years immediately formed in your eyes as you laughed hardly.

"This is interesting," you chuckled. "Both of you sound really mean,"

You smiled at the both of them though it's not the usual playful one you always use. It's the one you use when you were planning something dangerous.

"You know what they say?"

You set the baking tools away.

"Fight fire with fire," You smirked.

"Now this time. . ." You turned to the both of them, now fully smiling.

"Fight salt with salt,"

:)

Fuck life.