Chapter 18

You peeked you head in the kitchens, a few of the employees already doing their tasks.

You found Mr. Lee assisting Shio on properly mixing the batter.

"Mr. Lee! Shio-san!"

The two turned to you and smiled.

"Good morning," you bowed in respect, before peeking in to see what else were they doing.

"How was school, Y/N?" Mr. Lee asked, ruffling you hair.

You scrunched up your nose. "My math teacher seriously confiscated my table,"

Shio silently snickered, bowing his head, letting his hair fall to hide his face.

You softly punched his arm at that.

"And why would she do that? You probably did something," Mr. Lee said, amused.

"I was bottle flipping on my table," you rolled your eyes. "So she took my table,"

Mr. Lee narrowed his eyes.

"And?"

You snorted.

"So I continued to bottle flip on the floor. She can't confiscate the floor right?"

Shio fully bursted out into laughter. "But you know she could confiscate your bottle right?"

You rolled your eyes.

"She didn't, she never thought about it. Thank goodness,"

The door creaked open, revealing an exhausted blonde.

"OI TSUKISHIMA!"

He didn't even flinch at your loud voice. Ignoring you, he took one of the aprons and wore it.

"Tsukishima!" You tried to call him out again. "Hey—!"

You walked to him, confused on why he isn't barking insults at you like usual.

Yamaguchi shortly came in, the same confused expression on his face.

He caught your eyes, knowing that you have also no idea on what's happening, he shrugged.

Mr. Lee placed a hand on your shoulder while you stared at Tsukishima. He took a plate of pancakes and went out the kitchen to deliver it to a customer.

"He is probably in a bad mood," Mr. Lee deeply said, looking down at you.

You turned to him, looking up the old man.

"Give him some time, Y/N," He adviced.

†   †   †

"How come I didn't see you around the school?" You asked Shio. You just found out that he is also studying in Karasuno but in class 1.

Shio shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets while he walked alongside you to school.

"I don't know," He paused. "Probably because I'm a loner and a nerd? People don't really waste their attention on me,"

Shio blinked, trying to string his words to form a sentence.

"They don't even spare a glance at me. Just the girls, who are all simps,"

You pursed your lips, not really knowing what to say.

"Do you wanna seat with me later in lunch?"