Chapter 19

"He looks like he is about to explode," You snickered, looking at Tsukishima. He was sitting alone at the table on the farthest corner of the library.

Kageyama scoffed. "He looks like that 24/7,"

Hinata shook his head and corrected him, "25/8 you mean,"

Yamaguchi sighed. "Y'all need to leave him alone. He is stressed because there is an upcoming competition,"

You raised an eyebrow at that.

"Eh?"

"A trivia competition," Yamaguchi explained. "Our teacher told us that his study would be going against another group,"

Hinata slightly scrunched his nose in confusion at that.

"Wow, your class is really advanced," you slowly said. "I'm glad I'm not in class 3,"

Kageyama nodded in agreement but you know that he just don't want to go Class 3 because Tsukishima is there.

"And unfortunately, Tsukishima's group is going against one of our smartest classmate,"

You whistled lowly.

"But Tsukishima is smart—"

Yamaguchi slightly giggled. "I know that Y/N-chan,"

Yamaguchi turned to look at Tsukishima who had his hands tangled in his hair, stressed.

"But as I said that one classmate is smart too. Tsukishima wants to win the competition because it would raise his grades for about 60% and he would get 5 homework passes,"

Kageyama's and Hinata's eyes almost popped out of it's sockets at the phrase 'homework pass'.

You can't blame them. Homework passes are now a thing and you really wanted to get your hands on those.

But only a few gets them and only a teacher, including the vice principal and the principal, has them and could give to some of the students.

If they deserve it.

"Ahhhh," you groaned. "That lucky bastard,"

"I'm glad I'm not part of the competition," Yamaguchi sighed. "But sometimes I wished I do. I want that homework pass,"

Hinata pops up. "HEY! If he ever win, do you think he could give us a homework pass? Y'know it's 5, and there's enough for the 5 of us,"

Kageyama frowned. "And you really think he would give us? Wake up, Hinata,"

†  †  †

"Leave me alone," Tsukishima sighed.

You raised an eyebrow. "Just trying to help, y'know,"

"No I don't know," Tsukishima spat back, looking down at his neatly written notes. "Get the fuck out of here,"

He had his hands pulling in his blonde hair stressfully.

"Don't do that," you scolded, taking his skinny and long fingers out of his hair. You slightly blushed when his warm hand made contact with your cold ones.

He raised an eyebrow at that.

"If you want to lose your hair and be bald, let me do it for you," you silently snickered and reached out for his hair.

"Get the hell out of here," he groaned, slapping your hand.

"Let me help you to review," you smiled, teasing him more.

Tsukishima screamed into his hands and some of the customers in the cafeteria turned to look at him.

You and him immediately apologized.

"Look," Tsukishima looked straight in your eyes. "Just leave me alone, go to the kitchen, bother someone else. Maybe that Shio boy, go to him, talk his ears off,"

"You're in a bad mood," You pointed out.

Tsukishima sighed. "Isn't it obvious?"

You stepped closer to where he was sitting. Slowly raising your hand up, you patted his head, the soft blonde locks of his tickling your palm.

Tsukishima's stressed expression quickly morphed into an expression of suprise.

"What was that?"

"It's called a head pat, idiot," you snorted.

Tsukishima continued to stare at you. You gasped and jump making him jolt in suprise.

"OH!" You smiled, a pointer finger in the air. "I KNOW!"

Tsukishima watched as you quickly ran back into the kitchens. Thinking you finally left him alone, he went back reviewing his pointers.

But then you ran back to his table, holding a plate.

You placed a slice of Strawberry shortcake on his table.

"A strawberry shortcake for Mr. Grumpy. Please enjoy your meal," you jokingly bowed.

"What's this for?"

"Uh. . ." You sat on the chair, facing him. "I heard sugary foods make you happier; it works for me, maybe it will for you,"

Tsukishima took a mouthful of bite.

"Are you starting to feel better?" You asked.

Tsukishima gave the smallest smile. It wasn't noticable but up close, you could see it.

He gulped.

"A lot better," he smiled.

I think I'm moving to a03 but I'll update this story, don't worry.