~Chapter 35~

Scarlett's POV

When we arrived at the estate Lucien pressured me into eating and taking a nap.I'm glad Lucien told me both of us were going because I wouldn't have sat on my ass and played solitaire while my mom was basically being killed by some random psychopaths.

Sleep never came and I rather trudged downstairs and put on the coffee machine.I needed some kind of energy to trot up to those people I knew nothing about and make them hand my mother over to me.Rage overtook me as I imagined the things they could be doing or did to her.I poured the coffe into the mug and my hands shook in pure anger.I let out a scream when the steaming hot liquid made contact with my skin.

I retracted my hand and ran over to the sink.I opened the tap and cool water poured out and onto my skin.

"What happened?"Lucien's frantic voice called out and I heard loud thuds as he came running towards the kitchen.

"I just accidentally burned myself with coffee.It's fine,"I said dismissively and heard him sigh.

"You have to be more careful than that.Everything is set for tonight.I have my men scanning the grounds they told us to meet.So far,they haven't tried or planted anything sketchy,"he walked over to me and laid my hand on the island and took out a first-aid kit.He took out soothing pain cream and I stopped him when he tried to open it.

"No Lucien stop.You can't apply soothing cream to an instant burn.Get a cold compress and face cloth please,"I said and looked at the pink and burnt flesh of my hand.It didn't look nearly as bad as it did when patients enterned the hospital with severe burns.But it did hurt like a bitch.

Lucien returned with a pack of frozen pees and the wet face cloth.

"Ugh,why vegetables?"I groaned and scruncged up my nose.

"I know you don't like vegetables but you're a doctor and you know the important affect it has on the body,"he said and I groaned.

"Well if you must know,fruits and proteins can also do the vegetables work in ones body.As for instance,if you eat a balanced food course there won't be any lack of health care.Even when there aren't vegetables involved like broccoli,spinach and all that other icky stuff.Although,I dolike potatoes and cucumbers,"I said while he treated my hand.He looked up at me and grinned.

"Wow.You got real professional there.Was kind of cute,"I smiled at him smugly and pecked his cheek.

"Listen.I don't mean to intrude or anything and you don't have to answer just bec-"he gave me a sharp look.

"To the point,princess,"he said and wrapped bandages around it.He pulled out a pink band-aid and I scowled at him before pointing to the black one.

"Okay.I know your father is...deceased.But,I know nothing about your mother and,what's his bame again?Ken?"I asked and peered up at him.His lips twitched and he pressed a kiss to my injured hand when he was done treating it.

"It's Kyle.And about my mother...She is entitled and greedy.She always pries into my life,wanting me to marry companions of her choice.Her only worry and craving is money.Kyle and I were just an accessory to make her look like the perfect mother,"he explained and my eyebrows shot up.Figuring Lucien's father would've been cruel and harsh towards them made me think his mother would be different.

"Kyle is my half brother.My father impregnated his mother and then after a while got me.My greedy mother treated Kyle poorly from a young age.I did everything in my power to keep him grounded and not let him turn towards this kind of shit.He's a fucking junkie for God's sake.I tried,I really did but he caused my father to lose his life but he didn't know that he lost a little bit of himself when he did what he did,"Lucien spoke out with a clear glance over his eyes like he was reminiscing.

"Okay enough about that.We have to get ready for whatever they're planning.We are leaving at exatly 19:30 so you have to get ready a little bit after six when we are busy going over everything,"I nodded and trudged to the elevator where I got off and went to my room.

"I didn't even drink  my coffee,"I said and face palmed myself.