~Chapter 41~

Scarlett's POV

"And who are you?"Carly asked.Or was it Cory?I don't know.I take a chug of the vodka and looked at her with narrowed eyes.

"Daisy Peeches,"I said in a sickly sweet tone and gestured to the bottle of vodka."Want some?Or are you too busy flaunting your desperation for my man,Charlie?"I quirked an eyebrow as I gave her a once over.Yes,she was your excessive barbie doll.Pink dress shorter than my temper in which her boobs were barely contained.

"It's Catherine!And Lucien and I are quite a little close for you two to be together,aren't we baby?"she said and wrapped her arm around his hands.I jumped off of the barstoll and nearly fell because of the alcohol seeping through my pores.

"What the fuck did you just say?"I asked calmly and stalked towards her.Even without my heels was I taller than her by alot.

"We're going to get engaged soon,"she smiled and jumped up and down giddily.Right there and then the world seemed to die around me when I saw Lucien's face.

Regret,sadness and anger.

"Tell me this isn't true,Lucien,"I said calmly and grabbed my vodka.

"Scarlett I-"I sushed him and smiled.

"All I need is "yes it's true" or "no" and slap that bitch off your arm before I decapitate her,"I said and looked at him seriously.

"It's...true.Look Scarlett I'm going to explain to y-"I throw the vodka bottle into the nearest wall.

"What were we then?!You tricked me!You fucking asshole!What was I to you then,a fun time?"I yelled at him and he looked at me with guilt.

"I can't deal with this shit,"I whispered and pushed pass Carrie.I stumbled barefoot towards the front door and looked around and saw everyone looking at me.

I raised my middle finger and waved to the guard at the door.

"Scarlett!"I heard Lucien yell and I sprinted down the pathway towards the gate where the cars were parked.I ran towards the guards at the gate.

"Please open the gate!"I croaked out and realized tears were running down my cheeks.

"Ma'am we-"one guard hesitated and I shook my head.

"Open the fucking gate!"I yelled.As I was about to run towards the opening gate,two arms wrapped around my waist and I thrashed in around.

"Scarlett!Calm down,please,"Lucien begged and I shook my head.Things were starting to blur around me and I knew it was from the alcohol.

"I trusted you,"I whispered then felt bile rise up my throat.I turned my head and emptied the aftermath of vodka out of my stomach.

"I swear I'm going to explain everything.I lo-"I closed my eyes as I felt my tired eyes droop.Just gonna take a quick nap,I guess.

-

"Mom,come on.Wake up,"

I had woken up with a severe headache and it just intensified as memories from the previous night came flooding back.I had thrown the covers off of me and threw open a suitcase and packed a little clothes and my necessities,which includes Pluto.Now,I was hovering above my mother's face and trying to wake her as quietly as possible.

"Mom!"I whispered-yelled in her ear and her eyes snapped open.

"Thomas no!"she yelled but I clamped my hand over her mouth.Next thing I know people would come and run in here with guns and I didn't want that.

"Mama,it's okay.Get up.We're leaving,"I said and kissed her cheek.I reached for a suitcase on top of the dresser and opened it.I began packing my mom's clothes we bought-Lucien bought-for her.

"Sweetie,what's going on?Where are we going?"she asked after she calmed herself down.I was stuffing her clothes into the suitcase and ran towards her bathroom and grabbed her necessities.

"We have to get out of here.Away from Lucien,"I felt a tear drop from my eye as I whispered the last part.I grabbed her hand and ran towards the elevator where Pluto stood.It was around 2am so it was only the guards that were awake.It pained me to wake up next to Lucien and I decided then and there that I was leaving.

"Come on,boy,"I beckoned Pluto into the elevator and we took off to the first floor.With suitcases in hand we took off towards the front door and I opened it with the passcode Lucien gave me a few weeks ago.

I greeted the guards and they blocked my pathway.

"Oh we'rejust going to stay at my aunt's house for a while.She's not doing too well,"I lied and they nodded reluctantly.I walked towards my car which they brought back with Pluto.

We piled the luggage into the trunk and I started the engine.She purred to life and I reversed out as they opened the gate.I greeted them and sped off as quickly as I could.I was no fool,they would notify Lucien of me leaving almost immediately.

"Honey,I'm so confused.What's going on?"mom asked and I shook my head and sped down the highway and weaved through the cars that were speeding down the road this early in the morning.

"We just have to get away from him,okay?We'll move to Colorado or Chicago and we'll continue with our lives,"I sobbed out and quickly wiped the tears away before I crashed the car.

I took a left and pulled onto a service station.I brought out my phone and bought tickets for a flight from New York to Colorado.It was our only option.I was offered work there many times,but I refused their offer and they reassured me I could take a position at their hospital any day.

I paid for fuel and they filled my car up and gave my mom money so she could buy food for us on the way.I needed to clear my mind from all thoughts of Lucien to think this through thoroughly.

Fuck,this hurt.