~Chapter 6~

Scarlett's POV

I sat in my office and watched the minutes tick by on the clock.It was now a minute to three and I've already showered and put my hair down in wet curls.My patients were already cared for and Heather was still under the sedatives due to the pain she was enduring.

There was a knock on the door and I just shouted a quick 'come in'.The door opened and revealed Lucien.He was wearing his usual suit.What I was wondering was,why go in a suit to an ice-cream place?

"Are you going to an ice cream shop like that?"I voice my thoughts and he chuckles.

"Princess you'll have to get used to seeing me in suits.Or naked,"he winked.My face burned red and I scowled.

We walked through the hospital and well,there were a lot of stares.Of course it wouldn't bother Lucien but I work here and they are going to be starting rumors.We walked through the exit only to see a black limousine there.My face dropped and I turned my head towards Lucien.

"Need I remind you again that we are only going to get ice cream?"he just smirked and opened the door for me.I muttered a quick 'thank you' and stepped in.My eyes almost falled out of their sockets when I saw how beautiful the inside was.

"Nice car,"I complimented and he shrugged.

After that,the car was silent.This creep was still staring at me and I had to restrain from poking him in the eyes.

"So how was your day?"I asked bored,trying to soothe the uncomfortable atmosphere.

"It was eventful,"Was all he said and I rolled my eyes.Okay,then.I shut my mouth and looked out of the window.

"Scarlett... you're quite young to be a doctor.And with a master's degree?Why is that?"I quirked my eyebrow at him.This was random.

"I didn't tell you my age nor did I tell you what degree I got.This is really creeping me out so please stop with these stalker vibes or I'll have to jump out of a moving car,"he scratched the back of his neck and his ears turned red.

"Right...sorry,"he trailed off and I just nodded.

"So,care to share why you did a background check on me?"The car was slowing down and I looked outside.The driver was pulling into the parking lot.

"So about the question,"he said and looked at me intently.

"There's nothing to it.Crammed in everything and finished my studies early,"the driver opened the door and I climbed out.

"Thank you,"the driver nodded and Lucien got out from the other side.

We walked inside parlor and went to the counter to order.This guy was attracting a lot of stares and I shifted uncomfortably from one foot to another.

"Hi.Can I have two scoops of strawberry ice cream on a sugar cone?"

"That'll be $4.95,"I gave a five dollar bill and she looked towards Lucien for his order.

"Four scoops of cookie dough in a medium tub,"she was blushing like crazy and I looked Lucien up and down.Eh...he was handsome.

"T-That'll be $10.99,sir,"he took out some money and shoved it on the counter.She quickly put it in the register and handed me the receipt.

"Number 191,"I nodded and walked towards an empty table near the window.I took a seat and Lucien took one opposite of me.

"Why an ice cream parlor?"Lucien asked.

"First of all, it's out in public so you wouldn't be likely to kidnap me or do anything shady.And lastly,who doesn't want to go to an ice cream parlor in their free time?"

"Me,"he stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Why am I not surprised,"I said.The girl at the front called our number and I stood up to retrieve our ice cream.She handed them to me and I thanked her.As I carried them to our table,I felt something under the tub.I lifted it up to see what was underneath.Oh.

Stacy xxx-61+001 4061 12.Call me <3.

I shrugged and took it off,throwing it into a nearby bin.

I approached our table and took a seat.I set his ice cream infront of him and began eating my own.The strawberry flavour took over my taste buds and I closed my eyes and looked up at the ceiling.How delightful.

"Enjoying yourself?"I looked up and scowled before wiping at my mouth.

"Not to my full potential,"I looked out of the window and my eyes widened as a black van was headed full force towards us.

"What the fuck?!"I screamed and jumped away from the window.Lucien grabbed me and ran towards the back.My eyes were wide as I looked around.People wearing black and with guns strapped to them filed into the small parlor.

"Calm down and lock yourself in here,"Lucien shoved me into the bathroom and I looked back bewildered.He took a gun out of his waistband and took out his phone.

He started talking into his phone furiously and hung up a few seconds later.

"Lock this n-"the window shattered as a bullet came whizzing through.

"Holy fucking shit!"I threw myself on the floor and Lucien was shooting out the window.

"Who the fuck are you?!"I screamed and looked around frantically.

"This wasn't a really good idea,"he mumbled under his breath and I looked at his exasperated.

"No shit!"he pulled me up and wiped the glass off of me.

"I can't leave you on your own so stay very close to me,"I nidded and walked behind him,clutching onto his suit jacket.

We walked along the hall and Lucien shot a few guys that were running towards us.I closed my eyes and felt bile rise up my throat.I wasn't actually used to seeing people get killed right infront of me.

People were evacuating and it was chaos inside.Lucien pointed towards the counter and I ran towards it.I ducked behind it and sighed.Adrenaline was pulsing through my veins and I peeked out from around the counter.Lucien was shooting some guys and one was sneaking up on him from a blind spot.

Oh my God.Oh my God.I can't scream and tell him because I'll draw attention to myself and definitely get killed.I looked around desperately and ran along the floor.I took a milkshake and made a cross before running a little closer and throwing it at his head.It broke on his head and the guy fell to the floor.Lucien turned around and shot him in the head.

Lucien looked back at me the and I ran to the counter again,completely and utterly terrified.

"Holy fucking shit.HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS REAL,"I hissed silently.I peeked at Lucien again and sighed.I silently prayed we would be alright.I turned back and I tried to scream when I saw a man infront of me.He covered my mouth quickly and put a gun to my forehead.

"A sound and you're dead,"