~Chapter 39~

Scarlett's POV

After a few weeks everything seemed to be falling into place.My mom was on the third floor and had taken it as her responsibility to cook for everyone.She never approved of the thought of just staying at Lucien's home without doing anything.

It was currently raining cats and dogs outside and I ran around trying to cover every mirror I came across.I heard the front door open and saw Lucien walking in and put an umbrella on the floor in which I scowled at and hung it up and wiped the floor dry.

"Hello princess,"He took off his shoes and put them next to the door.

"Hi!"I said and reached up and kissed him .He returned the kiss and snaked his arms around my waist before squeezing my ass.I pulled away and ushered him into the elevator.I got in with him and took off his suit jacket.It was slightly wet and I didn't want him catching a cold.We stepped onto our floor and I run to our room.I open the door and usher him in.I pull out some sweatpants and a v-neck shirt and fresh briefs before handing it to him.

I then run to the bathroom to get a towel and go back to him and hand him it.I then go back to digging up blankets and big rags.I return with my arms full of the blankets and rags and walk towards the door.

"Lucien!"I call out to him and he looks at me questionably.

"What are you doing princess?"he asks and I just hand him half of the things I'm going to use to cover the mirrors.A loud crack of thunder broke the silence and I jumped and hurried to the elevator.

"I'm hanging these shit on the mirrors so the lightning doesn't strike us,"I said in a duh tone and heard him chuckle.Our bare feet patted along the tiled floors and into the elevator.

"And what made you think of that?"he asked amused but I wasn't having it.

"My mom always told me to do it and I believe her so you should believe me too.We're starting on the second floor then make our way up,"I said and stepped out of the elevator.We got to work covering every mirror in sight and I let out a sigh when we were done.

"Are we finished?I want to cuddle,"Lucien whined and I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Sure.And-"I was caught off by rumbling thunder and shrieked."Yeah let's go make hot cocoa and cuddle,"I said and he opened his arms and I didn't hesitate to jump into them.We took the elevator down to the first floor and I peppered Lucien's face with feather kisses.I then jump down and take out two mugs.Meanwhile,the rain is beating down onto the roof.

I honestly love the rain like fuck,love.I just get a little frightened by the thunder storms.I brew hot water while taking out little marshmallows and the cocoa out of the pantry.I begin making the hot drinks as soon as the water's hot enough.

I hand Lucien a mug and he smiles at me and I gesture with my head so we can go upstairs.We were the only ones in the house.My mom was at an old friend's and the men were on a mission.The rest remained outside under shelter from the rain.But they must be freezing to death.

"Lucien,"I said as I stopped midway.He looked at me questionably and I turned around and went into the storage room where blankets,guns,bullets,bombs...wait bombs.I look at Lucien as I pick one up that is filled with gunpowder to the max.

"Princess,"he scolded and I rolled my eyes but listen and set it down.I then grabbed around twelve thick blankets and gave Lucien the half of it.

We walked to the front door and I began handing the blankets out to Kade,Haven and Luca.I couldn't remember the rest of them.

-

"Who would've thought that you could fit into this lifestyle so well?"Lucien asked as we drank our cocoa in bed,snuggled up in soft and warm blankets.

"Right?"I laughed a little and set my empty mug down.I cuddle into his side and layed my head on his chest.I felt his heartbeat under my ear and smiled as it picked up speed.

"You know,we haven't really spoken about our future,"Lucien said and my heart skipped a beat at the thought of us together in the future.

"All that I know is that I want to spend it with you,"I said and he hummed in appreciation.

"Do you want kids?"I ask.

"No,"he answered immediately.At this I lifted myself upand sat up straight,my smile falling.

"Why not?"I ask as I look at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"A child can't be born into this world,Scarlett.They will immediately become a target to my rivals.A child isn't cut out for this,"At this I stay silent and try to ignore the way he used my name.