CHAPTER TWO

BY THE END of the summer, the Fiores still had no clue of what was coming to Beacon Hills but Venus couldn't help the awful pit that regularly appeared in her stomach

BY THE END of the summer, the Fiores still had no clue of what was coming to Beacon Hills but Venus couldn't help the awful pit that regularly appeared in her stomach. The upside though was that the girls father had finally deemed her training over for now, while he thought it was merely adequate, she felt like she could be an assassin.

Venus never in a million years would've thought she would be able to do the things her father had taught her over the past year, yet here she was basically another hunter in training. She was proud of how far she had pushed herself recently.

Deciding to have a normal night in bed, she went to her favourite Chinese place for some takeout and visited the video store to rent a movie for the night. She was halfway home when she had that awful recurring feeling again and she came across two cars parked haphazardly in the middle of the road. Venus suddenly became increasingly aware of the dagger in the side of her boot as she neared the two cars, spotting four people spread around it who she quickly recognised from school.

"Are you guys okay?" She asked, feeling slightly faint as she rolled her windows down. The four heads turned to look at her in alarm of the new voice among them, it took them a minute before the strawberry blonde she recognised as Lydia Martin spoke.

"Yeah we're fine, just a little accident." and that's when Venus noticed it. There was a dear going straight through the cars windshield and she quickly understood why she felt faint and why that feeling occurred as soon as she neared them.

"Woah." she marveled, "Did that go straight at you?" the girl could feel the terror radiating off the poor animal and the pit in her stomach grew as she gained a confirmation to her question. "Are you guys sure you don't need any help? I could help you tow it or something?"

"No it's fine, we've got it covered." the taller boy replied, giving her a small smile. She recognized him as the by who lived a few houses opposite her and her dad, she wasn't sure what his name was though.

     "But thank you, we appreciate the offer." the other boy who she knew to be Scott Mccall thanked.

     "Well, you guys be careful then." she says, giving them one last smile before rolling her window back up and continuing her journey home.

"She smelled different." Scott spoke, slightly confusing the other three around him. "I don't know how to explain it but there's something off about her scent." Quickly confirming to his friends that he thought she may be supernatural as well.

Back at the Fiore household, Venus was rushing into the house calling out for her father, finding him in his bedroom and informing him of the accident.

"I think it's getting worse." she admits worriedly, "I'm not sure what it is but I can feel it, it's like some sort of warning."

"You said it was terrified?"

"Yeah, it almost looked like it was running away from something but first the cougars and now this deer? What could scare them so much that they kill themselves?"

EDITED

MAYA SPEAKS
the one thing i hate about editing this book is that i'm losing the comment : (
i loved going back and reading them so much but there's just one too many spelling and grammar mistakes to not edit the book, you know?