CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

The jeep screeches to a halt in front of the school, the five teen stumbling out of the cramped space

     The jeep screeches to a halt in front of the school, the five teen stumbling out of the cramped space. Venus moves over to Stiles who was leaning on a banister for support, seeing as he couldn't move without stumbling over his own two feet. She pulls his arm over around her shoulders, following closely behind their friends to get into the school.

Scott and Lydia had found out from Deaton that the nogitsune could be contained in any object created from the Nemetons wood. It just so happens, that everyone's favourite former alpha seemed to have just what they needed.

"Scott hold on." Stiles' voice comes out hoarse, stopping the group right outside the schools doors. "I know what you're all thinking. That if this works, it might kill me too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you." Scott reminds his friend sternly. "That's the plan I'm going with."

The conversation ends there as Scott turns around, pushing the doors open. All their confidence for their plan had disappeared as they realized they weren't in their schools familiar garden, but a strange snowy courtyard. The doors creak shut behind them as they walk in further, none of them certain what exactly had happened.

"Well, this is definitely not part of the plan." Stiles deadpans, looking around them. The group had moved further into the center of the room, trying to find any sign of where they could be. Footsteps approaching from behind them catch their attention, they turn to find the bandaged nogitsune limping towards them. They're all instantly flipped to fight mode, Kira unsheathing her sword at the front of the group.

"Like I promised, Stiles." the nogitsunes muffled voice sounds through the area. "We're going to kill all of them. One. By. One."

The Oni start appearing all around the group, successfully surrounding them.

"What the hell is this?" Scott questions the bandaged man. "Where are we?"

"Between life and death."

"Bardo." Venus purses her lips.

"But there are no peaceful deities here, little Nymphie. You're dying, Stiles. And now, everyone you care about is dying too."

"What? What do you mean?" Stiles steps forward, Venus subsequently losing grip on his waist.

"I've captured almost all the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital. The sheriffs station. And now the animal clinic."

The human boy takes a deep breath, stepping back towards the Nymph and placing his arm back around her.

"Do you know the ritual of Seppuku, Stiles?"

"No, and I don't want to."

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not that cute that kills him."