CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Another dead body. It seemed to be routine at this point. Venus feeling the sacrifice, informing the pack and either Lydia or the sheriff finding the body. Stiles had seemed to know this one too, making it the second sacrifice he's been connected to, third if you count Harris.

They found deputy Taras body on the high school sign the previous night after Lydia had told everyone to meet at the school and Venus had to admit, she couldn't handle anymore blood on her hands.

    Because that's what it felt like to her. She was supposed to be the one protecting these people and keeping the balance, but all it feels like she's been doing is letting everyone down in that aspect.

She had spent the past two nights with her father, looking for an clue of how to identify a Darach and put an end to their sacrifices. Unfortunately, they hadn't found anything yet, which was why Venus planned to spend her afternoon in the woods.

Almost all the sacrifices so far have taken place there, surely there was something she could find out.

     "Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes." Miss Blake explains, walking down the classroom aisles. "All tools the writer uses to tell their story. Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." The strawberry blonde replies, making Venus chuckle from opposite her.

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way."

     The lesson had dragged on for what felt like hours. In truth, Venus had way more important things on her plate right now. Literal life and death situations to take care of, yet here she was, sitting in a stupid English class listening to her teacher drag on about shit she took in sixth grade.

As soon as the class had ended, the two boys who had been mumbling between themselves all through class had dragged Venus with them to speak to Ethan while Lydia distracted Aiden.

     "Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend." The alpha so kindly points out to the three teens in front of him. "How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?"

"Is he looking at me?" Stiles scoffed looking between Scott and Venus. "Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-"

"Stiles, I think he gets it!" Venus exclaims, pulling down on the boys shoulder, their height difference being small allowing her to reach him easily.

     "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd." Scott reasons. "And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

"You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion."

     Ethan goes on to tell the trio the story of how he and his brother had become a part of Deucalions pack in the first place, explaining  that they basically owed the man their lives at this point. The conversation was cut short however by Ethan groaning in pain and clutching his chest.

"What? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Scott questions, concerned for the boy across from them.

"Not me. My brother."

     The werewolves had taken off first in the direction of the locker room, Stiles and Venus sharing a look before quickly following after them. The latter flinching greatly as they entered it and watching Aiden hit Cora across the head with a weight.