CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR

She couldn't explain it but something had shifted

She couldn't explain it but something had shifted. Something had changed in the energy surrounding the town that night, but as far as Venus and the pack knew, everything was fine.

Something was coming and she knew it.

She had picked up Isaac that morning as usual, making their way to school together. The werewolfs eyes catch onto to three people conversing by the main door and rushes out of the girls car. As she rushes after him, she spots Scott speaking with the twins next to their bikes.

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful." Aiden says as the pair approaches them, stopping next to Scott. "There's no reason to say no."

"I can think of one." Isaac interrupts, crossing his arms over his chest. "Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd. In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

Aiden steps forward towards Isaac, baring his teeth and growling at the boy, but before Isaac can react Vee places a hand on his shoulder.

"How about not creating a bloodbath in the school parking lot, hm?" She smiles sarcastically at the two werewolves about to rip each others throats out.

"Sorry, but they don't trust you." Scott decides, referring to his friends. "And neither do I."

The four of them walk away from the two werewolves, making their way into school, where Isaac had thankfully stopped a roll of toilet paper from hitting Venus right in the face. They part ways with Venus making her way to her locker, coincidentally across the hall from Scott and Stiles and next to Kira.

She noticed the girl fumbling around her small locker space nervously and makes the quick decision to approach her, fully knowing she would've loved for someone to do the same for her; someone who would help her fit in.

"Hey! We've spoken before, but I'm Venus." the girl greets, giving her best smile. The asian girl seemed startled at the sudden sound, causing her to slam her locker shut.

"Sorry, that scared me." Kira laughs awkwardly. "I'm Kira, but you already know that, sorry."

"Nice to meet you...again." this time, both girls laugh, slowly feeling the awkwardness slip away between them.

The two of them converse over their schedules for a couple minutes before walking to their next class together, which they found out that they shared.

•••

"What are you looking at?" Stiles questions his best friend as he unzips his bag, noticing the boys eyes had been flitting across the hallways regularly.

"Me?" Scott plays dumb, shifting from his leaning position and turning to look at the boy next to him.

"You looking at her?"