CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Venus would've never imagined she'd end up at the sheriffs station that night

Venus would've never imagined she'd end up at the sheriffs station that night. She ended up waiting in the jeep with Lydia for half an hour before the boys came back outside with Kira. The cops showing up shortly after since the girl had somehow caused the whole town to black out. The brunette was currently squished between Scott and Stiles, the formers dad interrogating them about their night.

"So when did you get there?" Agent Mccall questions, leaning against the desk in the sheriffs office.

"At the same time." Stiles answers.

"At the same time as who?"

"At the same time as me." Scott answers this time from her left.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asks, narrowing his eyes at the unlikeable man.

"That's what I'm asking you." the older Mccall huffed. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

There was a short silence before Scott speaks again. "Are you asking me?"

"I think he's asking me." Stiles retorts.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia inputs from the single arm chair in the corner.

     "Okay, let me answer the questions." Sheriff Stilinski had to hold himself from laughing, raising his eyebrows in amusement at Agent Mccalls confusion. Venus however didn't have that much self control as she involuntarily let out a small laugh before the man corrects himself.

     "Let me ask the questions." He opens his notebook, Stiles shooting him a sarcastic wink as he begins to list everything the teens have told him so far. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school, someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds pretty accurate." Venus nods. She had to admit, it did sound pretty stupid when she heard it coming from him.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" the boy on her right speaks, wearing a smug expression.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." the tall man scoffs.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles points at his dad, sending him a wink, making the man snort in amusement at the whole situation but quickly covers it up with a cough.

"Stiles, just, uh- Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess." his son shrugs, quickly growing bored of the conversation they were having.