CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

"You kept the fucking doll?!" Venus yells at a certain pale human boy as she pulls up in front of the school and gets out of her car. She had stayed home from school today, hoping to figure a way for them to turn Malia back human, but even with her dads help they had come up with nothing. "Are you completely insane?"

"We've already been over this, okay?" Stiles sighs as they meet in the middle, Scott and Isaac right behind him. "I though Scott could get a scent off it. Look, Allison went home to get her tranq gun, we need to get the actual tranquilizer from Deaton."

Isaac gets in Venus' car while Scott and Stiles get into their own respective vehicles and make their way to the clinic. Deaton wastes no time upon their arrival, quickly leading them to the back and explaining what the Xylazine was.

"I only have three of them." the man explains. "So whoever is shooting needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison is a perfect shot." Scott confirms.

"She used to be." Isaac deadpans from next to Venus, his arms crossed over his chest.

"She can do it."

"If we manage to find the thing."

"Okay, what is the point of him?" Stiles questions, looking at Scott. "Seriously, I mean what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf."

"Here we go." Venus mumbles, looking over at Deaton who had an amused expression on his face.

"What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out."

"Maybe I'm asking a question nobody wants to ask." The negative boy explains. "How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?"

"Vee, can't you work your nature magic and just talk to her?" Stiles asks.

"My what?" she laughs, finding genuine humor in his statement. "I'm a dryad, Stiles. We can only communicate with plants."

"I can do it." Scott states.

"You can?"

"That night Peter trapped us in the school, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."

"This is a werecoyote, Scott." Deaton reminds. "Who knows if it'll work if you can even find someone to teach you."

After Stiles' revelation that he may know where the twins were, he takes Scott to go meet them while the rest of them decide to regroup at the preserve in the morning. Venus opts on getting a ride with Stiles instead of taking her own car, picking up Lydia on their way and pulling up at the preserve alongside everyone else. The group stand there for a minute in silence, just looking at one another before Venus breaks it.

"Loving the dramatic vibe." she snickers. "We gonna turn this girl back or what?"

"Anyone else think we may be doing more harm than good?" Lydia ignores her, no one finding the humor in her sentence except for Stiles who gives her a small side smile.

     "We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott reminds everyone, but obviously Isaac couldn't let him have his moment.

"Actually we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote, who's actually his daughter who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter."

"Thank you for your lovely input Isaac." Venus smiles sarcastically.

     The group part ways shortly after, Venus heading off behind Stiles as they all attempt to find Malia. Hopefully, before her father does.