CHAPTER EIGHT

"Jared, you suck!" Coach yells, sticking his head out of the bus window as evryone scrambless off of it to get away from the awful smell of Jareds guts

"Jared, you suck!" Coach yells, sticking his head out of the bus window as evryone scrambless off of it to get away from the awful smell of Jareds guts. "Hey, somebody grab some towels, or a mop... or a new bus!"

Stiles and Allison quickly carry Scott away from the bus and into the restroom, with Lydia and Venus trailing behind them quickly. They set the boy down onto the floor, his back resting against the tiled walls, lifting his shirt once again to check the damage done to the boys side.

"Oh, my God." Allison gasps, as she notices the large gash. "Why didn't you tell us?"

"Sorry." the boy replies weakly, groaning in pain.

"Okay, just give us a second, okay?" Allison attempts to assure her ex boyfriend as she moves back to the other three. "This shouldn't be happening, I've seen him heal from worse than this."

"Okay, what do we do, then?" Stiles questions. "Do we just call an ambulance?"

"Venus, aren't Nymphs supposed to have some kind of healing, regeneration power?" the strawberry blonde asks, gaining everyones attention as to why she hadn't mentioned this before.

"For trees and like really minor injuries!" The girl replies, looking over at the injured werewolf. "Which I don't think applies to this."

"Can you try?"

The brunette sighs and leans down in front of Scott, informing him that she was going to try something. She gently places one hand on his forehead and the other one hovering over the large gash on his side.

Taking a deep breath, she focuses all her energies on the boy in front of her, the others watching her intently as she squeezes her eyes in focus. She lets out a groan a few seconds later, feeling nothing happening, turning and giving the other three a shake of her head.

     "What if its psychological?" Lydia wonders, as Venus gets off the floor and rejoins them on the side.

"What do you mean? Like, psychosomatic?" Stiles questions.

"Somatoformic."

     Stiles and Allison furrow their eyebrows at the strawberry blonde in confusion, clearly not understanding what she was getting at. So Venus takes matters into her own hands as she dumbs it down for them.

"Basically, he is not letting himself heal, it's all in his head."

"Because of Derek. He's not letting himself heal 'cause Derek died." Stiles realises.

The group quickly decide to stitch the boy up in order to make him believe he was healing, Stiles went to get the werewolves bag from the bus as Lydia and Venus make sure the bus doesn't leave without them while Allison starts the stitching process. Lydia takes the bag back to the restroom to let the other two handle coach since they were the ones actually on the cross country team.

"You know, coach." Venus starts, standing next to the man. "We could wait for a while, maybe get a snack or something."

"Fiore, you're a great runner but you're a minor." the man replies, moving away from the girl to usher everyone onto the bus leaving behind a dumbfounded Venus and a hysterical Stiles, who moves away from her as well to make his attempt at stalling the man.

"What's going on?" Isaac startles the girl as he steps behind her.

"Jesus, you scared me." she holds a hand to her chest, trying to calm herself down. "Scotts not healing, Allisons in the bathroom stitching him up and we're trying to stall coach so he doesn't leave without us."

She wasn't really sure how they had gotten to that point so fast, but before she knew it, Isaac had left her side and grabbed hold of Ethan in a few short strides, pummeling onto his face like a punching bag. Venus attempted to call out to the boy, trying to get him to back down before he did too much damage but was pulled back by Stiles towards Scott. Quickly explaining to him what had happened, Isaac didn't stop hitting the alpha before Scott yelled out to him, seemingly pulling him out of his blind rage.

A wave of awkwardness flowed over the large huddle of students as coach reprimands Isaac before yelling at the rest of them to get back on the bus. Venus abandons her previous seat as they get on the bus again, instead choosing to sit next to Isaac as the bus got back on the road taking them to the meet.

"Hey." she spoke softly to her old friend as she takes her seat. "Are you okay?"

     "I don't know." he replies, just as soft. "I don't know what came over me, Vee. I was just so angry, at what happened to Derek, at Scott being hurt, at myself for not being able to help with anything."

"I know I haven't been apart of this for too long, but I'm sure that's not the case Isaac."

A comfortable silence washes over the old friends as she gives her a small smile, seeming to wash away all his worries and guilt over the situation they were thrown into. It continues on for a few minutes, Venus closing her eyes and almost falling into a nap before he breaks the silence, starting a conversation she never though they would have.

     "I'm really sorry, Vee." he whispers, guilt washing over his features once again. He elaborates further after he sees the confused look on her face. "For everything that happened last year. You were my only friend and I betrayed that, I lost sight of myself and who I was and I hurt you in the process without even realising."

"Isaac it's okay, you-"

     "No, it's not. I was supposed to be there for you through everything just like you always were for me. I left you when you needed me the most and I- I didn't even go to her funeral."

Venus feels her eyes start to get watery at his words, he had a point, she couldn't deny that, but she had long ago learned to move past it and forgiven the boy unbeknownst to him.

     "Your mom, she was always there for me," he continued, "with everything that happened with my dad, she took me in and I will always regret not being there for you when she- when she passed."

The girl next to him gives him a grateful smile for his words. "I think I get it now, things make a lot more sense. You were going through a lot then, with your dad and the bite. I just wish you would've told me."

"I wish you would've told me too." Isaac sighs.

The pair had come to the agreement to rebuild their friendship in this new that they now shared, not letting what happened before derail that. She places her head on his shoulder, deciding to finally take the long awaited nap she's wanted to take all day and he rests his over hers, falling into sleep as well.

The bus had pulled over at a small motel on the roadside a few hours later, the teens got off the buss, stretching themselves out. Coach had announced that the meet had been pushed back to tomorrow and they would be spending their night at this crappy motel until they could get back on the road in the morning.

Venus couldn't help the strange feeling in her stomach as she looked up at the building in front her, gladly taking Allison and Lydias offer to room with them.

None of them could have ever imagined the night that was ahead of them.

MAYA SPEAKS:
fave episode check!

EDITED