CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Silence envelops the four of them for a few minutes before Stiles receives a text from Scott saying to be ready for Isaac to come get them

     Silence envelops the four of them for a few minutes before Stiles receives a text from Scott saying to be ready for Isaac to come get them. He shows up a little while later, helping Peter place Cora in the backseat of his car as they all get out of the ambulance. Venus doesn't make it very far though, as a sharp pain rips through her body, letting out a pained cry.

"Vee! Are you okay?" Isaac questions, the three men looking at her.

     "She's taking someone." Venus gasps out and just then, Stiles' eyes catch sight of something next to her and he takes off running into the hospital, ignoring everyones calls for him. Isaac helps Venus into the passenger seat before getting in the divers seat himself with Peter and Cora in the back.

"We gotta go you idiot, drive." Peter speaks.

"I can't. Not without Scott."

     "What, you want the Argents dead too? Make a choice!" Just then the twins come into view in the rear camera, causing more panic through the car.

     "Isaac, we can't help anyone if they get to us." Venus explains softly, the boy finally pushing the car into drive. "My car's up front, I'll get Scott and Stiles and we'll be right behind you."

     The boy does as she tells him, dropping her off at the hospitals front doors and taking off. Venus spots Derek running out and calls out to him, gently grasping her side in pain.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" she asks, concerned.

"Stiles is inside, the cops are on their way." the man rushes, fumbling for his own keys, "He's gonna stall them for us. Did everyone make it out?"

"Yeah, Cora's safe. We'll catch up with you guys." the girl replies, knowing he only cared about his sister, but as she was walking past he grabs onto her wrist.

"Are you okay?" he asks, his eyes glancing to the hand still clutching at her side.

Venus nods her head with a small smile. "You know how it can get. Go, Derek. We'll be fine."

With one final nod her way, the man takes off and she continues her original path into the hospital.  Upon entering, she immediately notices the lights were back on and a certain pale boy slumped in one of the seats. He looks up upon hearing her footsteps with a confused look on his face.

"What are you still doing here?" he asks. "You were supposed to leave with Isaac."

"My car's outside, I was supposed to get you and Scott so we can leave." she quickly explains. "Where is he by the way?"

"He left with Deucalion." the boy sighs, a mixture of sadness and disapointment evident on his face as Venus's eyes widened in realisation.

"Guardians. She took his mom." the boy simply nods his head at her and stares ahead, she decided to take a seat next to him listening to the silence for a few minutes before he speaks. "Did you know? You felt something in the garage, had you been feeling it the whole time?"