CHAPTER TWELVE

Venus' sleep was yet again interrupted by another sacrifice taking place

     Venus' sleep was yet again interrupted by another sacrifice taking place. She had gotten used to the sensation at this point, the recurring pain in her head and the choking feeling till it was no more. The Nymph no longer woke up screaming or thrashing, merely gasping for air and willing for the feeling to go away.

Which was another thing she had learned over the past few days, she could rid herself of the feeling if she really focused on it. Reaching for her phone in the dark room, she sends a quick text to Stiles informing him of what had just happened.

The boy quickly sent a text back telling her that him and Scott were together at the hospital where another abduction had taken place. The thought made Venus' head spin, these occurrences seemed to be getting more frequent and stranger by the day.

They needed to figure things out soon.

•••

"These are definitely sacrifices, right?" Scott questions his best friend, moving away frorm their parents.

"Yeah, it's one Deaton mentioned. Healers." Stiles replies as his phone goes off in his pocket with the message from Venus, quickly reading it over and showing Scott. "Well at least now we're sure."

"What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence, and if he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer."

"Can you hear that?"

"They found a body" the boys sigh, sending off another text to Venus to inform her of the news.

•••

     Venus was in the process of placing her books in her locker the next day, hoping to get to lunch quickly. She slammed her locker shut turning to walk in the direction of the cafeteria, but instead of being met with the hallway she was met with a certain pale human boy.

"Sweet Eurydice!" she exclaims, holding her hand to her heart. "You people seriously need to stop doing that to me."

"What?" Stiles questions, clearly confused by her statement before shaking his head. "Doesn't matter right now, I need your help. Deatons been taken."

The girl stands stunned for a second before snapping back into reality. "What can I do to help?"

"We need to find Lydia first."

    And find Lydia they did, they had caught the redhead just as she was being cornered by Cora in Coachs office. Quickly pulling the two girls apart, the four of them made their way to an empty classroom before Stiles began explaining to the seemingly psychic girl that they needed to find Scotts boss.

Surprisingly, the boy had pulled out a ouija board from his bag, causing the Nymph to face palm as she realised what the boy was trying to do.

"A ouijia board?" Lydia questions the boy incredulously with a raised eyebrow.