CHAPTER FOUR

A LOUD GASP suddenly escapes the brunettes lips as she shot up up in her bed with a shriek, causing her father to burst into her room a few seconds later with great worry

A LOUD GASP suddenly escapes the brunettes lips as she shot up up in her bed with a shriek, causing her father to burst into her room a few seconds later with great worry. He quickly wraps his arms around his panicking daughter who was currently clawing at her neck as if someone was choking her, taking notice of this Alexander tries to unclasp her arms from around her neck.

"Venus you're okay!" he yells, trying to pull her back to reality, still trying to get her to stop grabbing at her neck. "Venus look at me! There's no one here, it's just us, you're okay."

She finally calms down and lets go of her neck, her grey eyes spilling over the tears they held as she collapses into her fathers arms. They sat there, holding one another as she sobbed at the feeling she just experienced.

"It felt like someone was strangling me." she whimpered, "I don't know why I felt it, I wasn't dreaming about anything. Does this mean something?"

"I don't know, maybe." he sighs, "I don't know everything about what you can do or experience so this very well may be another one of your feelings."

"You're saying I just felt someone die?"

•••

The pack was stood in one of the high school classrooms early the next morning, Allison and Lydia had apparently had an encounter that was worthy of knowledgeable supernatural help. Of course, Derek wasn't too fond of the two girls helping them after what had happened last year. 

"You wanna help?" Derek asks, "Find something real."

"Ask him about Venus."  Lydia rushes, her eyes wide as she gave Scott a look. The boy lets out a breath, clearly wanting to come to that but at a time where the man was in a better mood.

"Who?"

"There's this girl, we met her a few nights ago." the Mccall boy starts, "She didn't smell human."

"I don't have another beta if that's what you're asking."

"Well if she's not yours then do you think she's an alpha?"

"I don't know, Scott and I don't have time to figure it out right now."

•••

     "The stock market." Coach Finstock announces, starting their morning class. Venus didn't necessarily hate economics but Finstocks methods were questionable. "It's based on two principles, what are they? Yes Mccall you can go to the bathroom."

     "No, coach, I know the answer. Risk and reward." the boy replies, taking almost the whole class by surprise, Finstock even lets out an amused chuckle. Truth be told, Scott wasn't really known for how bright he was. Venus had shared multiple classes with him over the years and had always felt sorry for how he was taunted over his intelligence.