CHAPTER SEVEN

The last thing Venus wanted to do that weekend was go to this stupid cross country track meet, but unfortunately she was part of the team and coach wasn't about to leave her behind. No matter what excuse she gave him. She had been seated in front of Scott and Stiles for the whole trip, stretching her legs across the seat next to her with one earbud in an ear and her other ear listening to Stiles quiz Scott on word definitions.

     The two boys had been keeping her close ever since she went to them asking for help, they wanted to be the first to know whenever she felt anything in the hopes of them preventing any further trouble in Beacon Hills. In return, she had learned everything about the pack, the werewolves, the hunters, their friend who used to be a Kanima and Lydia.

"Okay, next word, incongruous." Stiles tells the boy next to him.

"Can you use it in a sentence?"

"Yes, I can. It's completely incongruous how were sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross country meet after what just happened."

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd."

"Okay, next word, Darach." the human boy says, making the girl in front of him and his best friend groan. "Oh come on, we've got to talk about it at some point and we're gonna be stuck on this thing for like five hours."

"Stiles, not now." Venus chastises, sensing Scotts uncomfortableness. Just then they hit a speed bump, causing the mentioned boy to let out a pained groan.

"Woah, are you okay?" she asks.

"We shouldn't have come. I knew it, we shouldn't have come." Stiles sighs, causing the girl to glare at him again.

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." Scott reminds.

"Yeah well there's also death in numbers. It's called a massacre, or bloodbath, carnage-"

"Hey Stiles." Vee smiles sweetly, "Remember what I told you about working on your sensitivity?"

"Okay, Scott, I'm telling coach-"

     "No, no, no! I'm fine." Stiles proceeds to berate Scott over how he isn't fine, asking the boy to show him his wound. The werewolf eventually lifts his shirt, showing the pair a ghastly gash on the side of his stomach.

"Scott, that's not healing." Venus gasps at him, her eyes going wide at the sight.

"It's just taking longer because it's from an alpha. I'm fine." He replies, causing Venus to share a concerned look with Stiles. It had almost been twenty-four hours, it shouldn't be looking like that, especially since Isaac and Boyd seemed to be fine; which Stiles so graciously pointed out.

"I just can't believe Derek's actually dead."

No words were shared between the three for a few minutes after that. Venus didn't know Derek, save for that one night in the woods, she had never spoken to him even. But she could tell it was taking a large toll on the three werewolves in the bus, maybe even Stiles too.

Coach was walking up and down the bus aisles yelling at everyone to sit down and trying to get Jared not to throw up everywhere, reprimanding Scott in the process for looking as sick as the car sick boy.

"Dude, you're bleeding again." Stiles points out, causing Venus to turn in her seat to look at the boys. "Don't say it's just taking longer to heal because bleeding means no healing."

"Guys." Venus calls, "I think he's listening." the two boys turn to the front, seeing Ethans head turned slightly to the side at them

"You think he's gonna do something?" Stiles asks, even more concerned now.