CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Venus and Stiles exit the locker rooms shortly after he had completely calmed down, Lydia had come to the realisation that maybe Morell could know something about Jennifer that she wasn't telling them. After all, the woman did have a track record of it not letting on vital information. Barging into her office, they quickly notice the woman wasn't there and instead there was a girl obviously waiting for a counseling session.

     "Are you here for Miss Morell?" Stiles asks as he spots the girl sitting to their right.

     "No, I thought this was gym class." the girl retorts, making Venus laugh and Lydia to glare at her again.

     "Sweetheart we're not in the mood for funny." Lydia rolls her eyes, clearly not having the patience for any of this.

Stiles senses the hostility and pushes himself between the girls. "Look, do you know where she is?"

"If I did I wouldn't be waiting here for twenty minutes! So how about you guys back out the door and wait your turn."

"We're not here for a session."

"Well I am, and I've got some serious issues to work on."

"Hey, wait. You're Danielle." Stiles registers. "You're Heathers best friend."

"I was Heathers best friend, we've been working on that issue three times a week."

     Venus' heart ached for the girl in front of her as she spoke solemnly over her friend. She had learned a while back that Heather was also Stiles' childhood friend and was the first sacrifice. Venus had never lost a friend, but she did lose her mother and she could feel a great deal of sympathy for them.

     "Hold on." Lydia freezes. "I was seeing Morell at the beginning of the semester, she was never late."

"Then she's not late, she's missing."

     "We aren't the only ones who think she knows something." Venus mumbles, making Stiles instantly move towards the womans desk and begins to go through the drawers, trying to find any idea of where the woman may be.

"Pretty sure it's illegal for you to do that."

"Yea, those files are private!"

"They're kinda right."

     "This ones yours." he holds out Lydias file, the girl immediately grabbing it to go through it.

     "That's a nice tree." Venus points out as the girl reaches a page with one of her drawings on it, Lydia humming a thanks in response.

     "Lydia that's the same one." Stiles' eyes widen in realisation, pointing at the same tree.

"Same as what?"

     "Gimme your bag." he moves over to her, grabbing her notebook out of her bag and flicking through the pages, all the tree drawings looking exactly identical, with all different sizes and angles.

     "Okay, you can have my session." Danielle gets up and grabs her things. "You've got bigger issues."

"What is this?"